Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,427 Members 42,465 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]CM11 Lockscreen Torch

Tip us?

ricostuart
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q]CM11 Lockscreen Torch

I have been using liquidsmooth for a while now, but thought I'd give cyanogenmod a try. One of the main features missing is the lockscreen torch which I use surprisingly often. Does anyone know if there is an add-on or anything for this? Done some searching and can't find anything.

Also, does cyanogenmod support changing dpi well?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Primokorn
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,194

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricostuart View Post
I have been using liquidsmooth for a while now, but thought I'd give cyanogenmod a try. One of the main features missing is the lockscreen torch which I use surprisingly often. Does anyone know if there is an add-on or anything for this? Done some searching and can't find anything.

Also, does cyanogenmod support changing dpi well?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I'm not the right guy to discuss about CM roms but you can probably add this feature through a xposed module.
Custom DPI is always possible.
Nexus 5 | Ask any questionDark XDAGetting started on XDA

LGE Nexus 5 | TWRP Recovery | OptiPurity | Uber!!!

Quote:
Searching can take less time than waiting for an answer

ricostuart
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
I've been trying to find an xposed module to do that, but havent managed. its pretty key for me. Love the way AOKP integrated it (liquidsmooth, etc).

snappycg1996
Old
(Last edited by snappycg1996; 24th April 2014 at 07:16 PM.) Reason: cyanogenmod11 supports DPI changing
Thanks Meter 14
Go to the Google Play Store and download an app called the "Nexus Flashlight", it supports a flashlight(torch) application and also has lockscreen support. Plus! It only works on Nexus devices and I think a few others. I assume you mean like a lockscreen widget right? If yes, this is your app. Turning it on and off from the lockscreen sometimes has a delay but it's only half a second.

EDIT: And yes! Cyanogenmod supports changing DPI, at least as far as I'm aware. I'm able to do this on my Inspire 4G running Cyanogenmod11. I got a boot loop by messing with this before, so make sure you know what you're doing and make a nandroid backup for safety!

raptir
Old
Thanks Meter 177
Gravity Box allows for torch toggle when you longpress the unlock ring, but it can have some issues with custom ROMs.

You could also get access to torch from the lockscreen by using the quicksettings toggle from the lockscreen.