Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,675 Members 46,671 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Codename Android MIA?

Tip us?

GunninZombiesdown
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Codename Android MIA?

So I haven't seen anything related to the topic, but the download link to the ROM for the Nexus 5 brings up a 404, a site specific search of Hammerhead brings up nada (google.com/#q=site:codenameandroid.com+hammerhead), and they haven't made a post since Jan 7th (http://forum.xda-developers.com/sear...chid=252675652). Anyone know what's going on?

sellers86
Old
Thanks Meter 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunninZombiesdown View Post
So I haven't seen anything related to the topic, but the download link to the ROM for the Nexus 5 brings up a 404, a site specific search of Hammerhead brings up nada (google.com/#q=site:codenameandroid.com+hammerhead), and they haven't made a post since Jan 7th (http://forum.xda-developers.com/sear...chid=252675652). Anyone know what's going on?
This is nothing new, CNA does this every time they 'come back'. The project is probably already dropped. Cna is very unreliable.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to sellers86 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RoyJ
Old
Thanks Meter 1213
Yeah this is like the 4th or 5th time he's pulled the same exact thing. I stopped caring a while ago. His ROM was my DD on the gnex for 4.1.2. Then he had a twitter comment saying he was merging 4.2 and that was the last we heard from him until he came to the N5 forums.

Now I know, everything here is free and developers don't owe us anything, sure.... But at the same time... You say an update is coming and then stop development and disappear. It is kind of rude to the users. You said there's an update and got everybody waiting all for nothing. If you're going to abandon a project at least have the decency to tell people so they don't keep testing things/report bugs, etc.

He really killed it back in the day. Sucks that he keeps doing this, but CNA has never been very reliable. If he does 'come back' it'll only be a short while and for a couple of releases. Sorry :/
*Click for device info

ROM: All of them at least once
KERNEL: Bricked Stable
RECOVERY: TWRP 2.3.6.4
Other Devices: Galaxy Nexus
The Following User Says Thank You to RoyJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fcisco13
Old
Thanks Meter 354
Not the first time and it won't be the last. Many great roms out there.

Whatchu talking bout willis!
The Following User Says Thank You to fcisco13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Juansegovia20
Old
Thanks Meter 148
Besides what's do special about codename?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk