Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] com.android.provision has stopped?

OP squishywtrmln

20th March 2014, 07:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
So I've been running Graviton 2.0 on my Nexus 5 for a few months and recently I've tried upgrading to 2.6. Problem is, when I install the updated rom, I get the "Unfortunately, com.android.provision has stopped" error message loop times infinity. I tried installing 2.6 by booting into recovery mode and installing the zip using CWM. I then wiped the cache and the Dalvik. I've also tried doing a factory reset prior to the previously mentioned steps and that hasn't worked either. Any help would be much appreciated thank you.
20th March 2014, 07:52 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,280

8,897 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishywtrmln

So I've been running Graviton 2.0 on my Nexus 5 for a few months and recently I've tried upgrading to 2.6. Problem is, when I install the updated rom, I get the "Unfortunately, com.android.provision has stopped" error message loop times infinity. I tried installing 2.6 by booting into recovery mode and installing the zip using CWM. I then wiped the cache and the Dalvik. I've also tried doing a factory reset prior to the previously mentioned steps and that hasn't worked either. Any help would be much appreciated thank you.

If it we`re me, i would flash the factory image in fastboot, reroot and start over. Or do you have a working stored recovery to flash back to?
20th March 2014, 05:51 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

If it we`re me, i would flash the factory image in fastboot, reroot and start over. Or do you have a working stored recovery to flash back to?

I've been able to recover back to Graviton 2.0 after each unsuccessful attempt through the restore function in CWM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread