Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,073 Members 40,837 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bluetooh , phonebook and controls etc.

Tip us?

stupink
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Bluetooh , phonebook and controls etc.

Having had a good search my brains fried, it seems some people have this issue others dont. dependant entirely it would seem on the version of android you're running..

Essentially i can hear my phonecall in my car, but the phonebook wont transferr, and I can't control calls.. so can't hang up etc without using the phone(not legal).

this thread shows many are having the same issue, code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=63010
It also shows some versions of CM work okay..

I'm using the latest omnirom and would like to keep it as I'm happy with it and have used good software from the developers.

I've tried to search, but its messy, Has anyone found a solution? are there settings in omnirom I can change to get this working?

thanks.

bblzd
Old
Thanks Meter 252
Each car seems to react differently to bluetooth controls, which are you trying to interface with?
W32

stupink
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblzd View Post
Each car seems to react differently to bluetooth controls, which are you trying to interface with?
Its an astra j. I'm not sure which radio model.
If I make a phone call within the first few seconds then phone book appears. But I'm constantly getting in and out the car for work so that's not feasible.

bblzd
Old
Thanks Meter 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by stupink View Post
Its an astra j. I'm not sure which radio model.
If I make a phone call within the first few seconds then phone book appears. But I'm constantly getting in and out the car for work so that's not feasible.
Sounds like it's not authenticating itself regularly but I lack in experience with such issues, hopefully someone else can chime in. I do know that these types of issues can be quite common with various bluetooth devices and vehicles though.
W32