FORUMS

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

[Q] No connection play store / deleting system files

10 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By xismo1, Junior Member on 17th March 2014, 04:53 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
17th March 2014, 06:05 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Just tried checking whether I still have root via root checker and it says I do. Really not sure what's going on. Does anyone have an advice on how to grant rw permissions to the hosts file?

17th March 2014, 06:10 PM |#12  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 24,678

More
get rid of total commander, its garbage. get root explorer. also, youll probably have to flash the latest supersu, since you flash a few months ago. i know they updated their su binaries a few times in the last few months. you have to keep stuff like that current.
17th March 2014, 06:24 PM |#13  
OP Junior Member

More
Fair enough. I actually just got the latest root explorer and was finally able to delete the hosts file only to find out that it doesn't actually solve the play store problem. What options do I have left? Factory recovery?
17th March 2014, 06:28 PM |#14  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 24,678

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xismo1

Fair enough. I actually just got the latest root explorer and was finally able to delete the hosts file only to find out that it doesn't actually solve the play store problem. What options do I have left? Factory recovery?

factory reset is an option, as well as flashing the factory img.
17th March 2014, 07:36 PM |#15  
OP Junior Member

More
Finally got it sorted. Thanks everyone for your help.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread