Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,957 Members 54,586 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Constant SMS Failed to send after 4.4.3 Update?

Tip us?
 
Nolam20
Old
#1  
Nolam20's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 91
Posts: 100
Join Date: Aug 2011
Exclamation Constant SMS Failed to send after 4.4.3 Update?

Hey guys,

For about two days now, ever since I updated my Nexus 5 (running on T-Mobile) to 4.4.3 using the OTA, Google Hangouts is failing to send texts in phases. For one hour or so it'll fail every other text until I resend it, then after that it works for a few hours again perfectly fine, then back to failing some.

I'm going to try using Evolve SMS for a bit to see if it happens there, but something tells me this isn't Hangouts' fault.

I am rooted and have a custom recovery, but it's been that way for months (Before 4.4.3 update) and I doubt would affect it.

Thanks,
David
Nexus 5
Nexus 7 (2013)
 
jd1639
Old
#2  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,366
Posts: 9,866
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Try cheating the cache in hangouts. If that doesn't work uninstall it, reboot, and then reinstall it from play store

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
 
Nolam20
Old
#3  
Nolam20's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 91
Posts: 100
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
Try cheating the cache in hangouts. If that doesn't work uninstall it, reboot, and then reinstall it from play store

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
I'll do that, I just cleared my cache/dalvik too. Unfortunately Hangouts is hardwired into stock so I can only uninstall updates, but if it acts up again I'll try that.
Nexus 5
Nexus 7 (2013)
 
jd1639
Old
#4  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,366
Posts: 9,866
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolam20 View Post
I'll do that, I just cleared my cache/dalvik too. Unfortunately Hangouts is hardwired into stock so I can only uninstall updates, but if it acts up again I'll try that.
Do you have titanium backup? You can delete from there

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
 
Nolam20
Old
#5  
Nolam20's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 91
Posts: 100
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
Do you have titanium backup? You can delete from there

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
I do, although I'll use that as a last resort at the moment haha. Still think it's a more widespread-than hangouts problem.
Nexus 5
Nexus 7 (2013)
 
Nolam20
Old
#6  
Nolam20's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 91
Posts: 100
Join Date: Aug 2011
Update: Switched to Evolve SMS, still happening x.x
Nexus 5
Nexus 7 (2013)
 
qbanlinxx
Old
#7  
qbanlinxx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 190
Posts: 636
Join Date: Mar 2011
I was also having this issue using Chompsms. Reverted back to 4.4.2 and the issue is gone. Also on T-Mobile

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
 
Nolam20
Old
#8  
Nolam20's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 91
Posts: 100
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbanlinxx View Post
I was also having this issue using Chompsms. Reverted back to 4.4.2 and the issue is gone. Also on T-Mobile

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I think it was with T-Mo in my area. My friend was on Nexus 5 stock 4.4.2 and having the problem, it's since gone.

Tldr: Issue resolved itself, was likely T-Mobile's side
Nexus 5
Nexus 7 (2013)

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes