Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,179 Members 41,705 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Control Nexus 5 from computer?

Tip us?

vaindil
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question [Q] Control Nexus 5 from computer?

My friend's Samsung phone has a feature where he can control the phone in his pocket from his computer. I was curious if anything has been developed for Android/the Nexus 5. I know TeamViewer has the capability on rooted phones, but I can't seem to get it to work (and it would require that I pull the phone out to manually start it).

I'd ideally like to have the phone always listening for connections to allow me to control it. I'm aware of the security concerns with this. Does anyone know of any solution? As always, free is preferable to paid, though I'm willing to pay a little for a good solution.

akselic
Old
Thanks Meter 422
Have you tried AirDroid? It's not a perfect "control everything" solution but does let you handle a lot of things including messages. What do you specifically want to be able to control?

Mazen Amr
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by akselic View Post
Have you tried AirDroid? It's not a perfect "control everything" solution but does let you handle a lot of things including messages. What do you specifically want to be able to control?
Airdroid is good but he also has to take out his phone and start it manually

akselic
Old
Thanks Meter 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazen Amr View Post
Airdroid is good but he also has to take out his phone and start it manually
No actually he doesn't. You only need to log in to AirDroid once. After that you can close it and as long as you are on the same network as the computer, it will start up as you log on to AirDroid through the web-interface on the PC/Mac.