No registration required

[Q] Control Nexus 5 from computer?

OP vaindil

26th August 2014, 09:34 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

51 posts
More
My friend's Samsung phone has a feature where he can control the phone in his pocket from his computer. I was curious if anything has been developed for Android/the Nexus 5. I know TeamViewer has the capability on rooted phones, but I can't seem to get it to work (and it would require that I pull the phone out to manually start it).

I'd ideally like to have the phone always listening for connections to allow me to control it. I'm aware of the security concerns with this. Does anyone know of any solution? As always, free is preferable to paid, though I'm willing to pay a little for a good solution.
27th August 2014, 12:24 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 720

827 posts
More
Have you tried AirDroid? It's not a perfect "control everything" solution but does let you handle a lot of things including messages. What do you specifically want to be able to control?
28th August 2014, 02:08 PM   |  #3  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 6

72 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akselic

Have you tried AirDroid? It's not a perfect "control everything" solution but does let you handle a lot of things including messages. What do you specifically want to be able to control?

Airdroid is good but he also has to take out his phone and start it manually
29th August 2014, 06:20 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 720

827 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazen Amr

Airdroid is good but he also has to take out his phone and start it manually

No actually he doesn't. You only need to log in to AirDroid once. After that you can close it and as long as you are on the same network as the computer, it will start up as you log on to AirDroid through the web-interface on the PC/Mac.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread