Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

CPU not going below 1,2 GHz

OP Ubichinon

25th February 2014, 10:14 AM   |  #1  
Ubichinon's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
231 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Hey guys,

as i described, the CPU on my Nexus 5 wont go below 1267 MHz. I tried setting it lower via Kernel Tuner or Kernel Tweaker, it stays lower for a while, then resets back to 1267 MHz.

I dont think this is supposed to be like that, since my phone gets warm doing even the easiest tasks.

I used to run Bricked kernel, but i deinstalled it. Currently on stock again.

Any ideas?
25th February 2014, 10:24 AM   |  #2  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 13,860
 
25,071 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubichinon

Hey guys,

as i described, the CPU on my Nexus 5 wont go below 1267 MHz. I tried setting it lower via Kernel Tuner or Kernel Tweaker, it stays lower for a while, then resets back to 1267 MHz.

I dont think this is supposed to be like that, since my phone gets warm doing even the easiest tasks.

I used to run Bricked kernel, but i deinstalled it. Currently on stock again.

Any ideas?

mpdecision sets your min frequency as 1267 when you're touching the screen (and back to 300 when you stop touching) and some "tweak" apps will report the minimum frequency as 1267 forever afterwards (incorrectly apparently).
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2014, 10:26 AM   |  #3  
Ubichinon's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
231 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

mpdecision sets your min frequency as 1267 when you're touching the screen (and back to 300 when you stop touching) and some "tweak" apps will report the minimum frequency as 1267 forever afterwards (incorrectly apparently).

Thank you for the info, that means i shouldnt worry about it ?
25th February 2014, 10:50 AM   |  #4  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 13,860
 
25,071 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubichinon

Thank you for the info, that means i shouldnt worry about it ?

There are other apps which show the true minimum frequency but not sure on all of them.

But at least with system monitor lite: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...emmonitor.lite you should see when you take your finger off screen (after a few seconds, the current frequency drop. If it does not, then maybe there is a problem.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes