Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,460 Members 41,032 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CPU not going below 1,2 GHz

Tip us?

Ubichinon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Default CPU not going below 1,2 GHz

Hey guys,

as i described, the CPU on my Nexus 5 wont go below 1267 MHz. I tried setting it lower via Kernel Tuner or Kernel Tweaker, it stays lower for a while, then resets back to 1267 MHz.

I dont think this is supposed to be like that, since my phone gets warm doing even the easiest tasks.

I used to run Bricked kernel, but i deinstalled it. Currently on stock again.

Any ideas?

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 9850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubichinon View Post
Hey guys,

as i described, the CPU on my Nexus 5 wont go below 1267 MHz. I tried setting it lower via Kernel Tuner or Kernel Tweaker, it stays lower for a while, then resets back to 1267 MHz.

I dont think this is supposed to be like that, since my phone gets warm doing even the easiest tasks.

I used to run Bricked kernel, but i deinstalled it. Currently on stock again.

Any ideas?
mpdecision sets your min frequency as 1267 when you're touching the screen (and back to 300 when you stop touching) and some "tweak" apps will report the minimum frequency as 1267 forever afterwards (incorrectly apparently).
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ubichinon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
mpdecision sets your min frequency as 1267 when you're touching the screen (and back to 300 when you stop touching) and some "tweak" apps will report the minimum frequency as 1267 forever afterwards (incorrectly apparently).
Thank you for the info, that means i shouldnt worry about it ?

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 9850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubichinon View Post
Thank you for the info, that means i shouldnt worry about it ?
There are other apps which show the true minimum frequency but not sure on all of them.

But at least with system monitor lite: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...emmonitor.lite you should see when you take your finger off screen (after a few seconds, the current frequency drop. If it does not, then maybe there is a problem.
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.