5,605,120 Members 37,526 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CPU Heat and temperature average

Tip us?

guba91
Old
(Last edited by guba91; 5th February 2014 at 12:05 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Default CPU Heat and temperature average

Hi at all,
Using the nexus 5 I have a 70 Celsius cpu temperature while playing a 3D game and browsing Currents.. Is this ok for the phone? Or its dangerous?

What is the maximum temperature of the cpu without damaging the phone?

Thanks for your help and sorry for my English, any correction is welcome!

Hammer_Of_The_Gods
Old
(Last edited by Hammer_Of_The_Gods; 4th February 2014 at 03:34 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4495
Hi,

70C for the CPU temp is "normal" when you paly a game. Remember that we have a quadcore at 2,26Ghz without any cooling system...

In any case there is the thermal trottling to prevent any damage. According to the CPU temp (and also the battery temp) the CPU freq decreases automatically.

Also there is an hotplug routine according to the temp (cores offline at a certain temp).

The last "ultimate" thermal protection is the shutdown at something like 100C (according to the thermal-engine.conf file it "should" be above 100C, but...).

So no worries there is a protection and your CPU temp is not abnormal.

One among the others: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2597508.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red5 View Post
The OP is the best place to keep a secret because nobody reads it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hammer_Of_The_Gods For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mistahseller
Old
Thanks Meter 172
The phone will not let itself achieve a dangerous level unless you have modified the kernel to tell it not to thermal throttle at 70.

the frequency throttle temperature is 70 celcius the suspend temp is 65 and core throttle is 80
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mistahseller For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

guba91
Old
(Last edited by guba91; 5th February 2014 at 03:36 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by viking37 View Post
Hi,

70C for the CPU temp is "normal" when you paly a game. Remember that we have a quadcore at 2,26Ghz without any cooling system...

In any case there is the thermal trottling to prevent any damage. According to the CPU temp (and also the battery temp) the CPU freq decreases automatically.

Also there is an hotplug routine according to the temp (cores offline at a certain temp).

The last "ultimate" thermal protection is the shutdown at something like 100C (according to the thermal-engine.conf file it "should" be above 100C, but...).

So no worries there is a protection and your CPU temp is not abnormal.

One among the others: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2597508.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistahseller View Post
The phone will not let itself achieve a dangerous level unless you have modified the kernel to tell it not to thermal throttle at 70.

the frequency throttle temperature is 70 celcius the suspend temp is 65 and core throttle is 80
Thank you!
I should have guessed that there is a system to prevent "overboiling"..
PS: I used the search button with" temp" and "temperature" but I haven't find thread.. I guess I don't know how to use the search button
Thanks for your time