OP guba91

4th February 2014, 04:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

28 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi at all,
Using the nexus 5 I have a 70 Celsius cpu temperature while playing a 3D game and browsing Currents.. Is this ok for the phone? Or its dangerous?

What is the maximum temperature of the cpu without damaging the phone?

Thanks for your help and sorry for my English, any correction is welcome!
Last edited by guba91; 5th February 2014 at 01:05 PM.
Hammer_Of_The_Gods
4th February 2014, 04:27 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Hi,

70C for the CPU temp is "normal" when you paly a game. Remember that we have a quadcore at 2,26Ghz without any cooling system...

In any case there is the thermal trottling to prevent any damage. According to the CPU temp (and also the battery temp) the CPU freq decreases automatically.

Also there is an hotplug routine according to the temp (cores offline at a certain temp).

The last "ultimate" thermal protection is the shutdown at something like 100C (according to the thermal-engine.conf file it "should" be above 100C, but...).

So no worries there is a protection and your CPU temp is not abnormal.

One among the others: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2597508.

Last edited by Hammer_Of_The_Gods; 4th February 2014 at 04:34 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th February 2014, 04:29 PM   |  #3  
Flag Saint Louis
Thanks Meter: 199

814 posts
More
The phone will not let itself achieve a dangerous level unless you have modified the kernel to tell it not to thermal throttle at 70.

the frequency throttle temperature is 70 celcius the suspend temp is 65 and core throttle is 80
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mistahseller For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th February 2014, 01:00 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

28 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by viking37

Hi,

70C for the CPU temp is "normal" when you paly a game. Remember that we have a quadcore at 2,26Ghz without any cooling system...

In any case there is the thermal trottling to prevent any damage. According to the CPU temp (and also the battery temp) the CPU freq decreases automatically.

Also there is an hotplug routine according to the temp (cores offline at a certain temp).

The last "ultimate" thermal protection is the shutdown at something like 100C (according to the thermal-engine.conf file it "should" be above 100C, but...).

So no worries there is a protection and your CPU temp is not abnormal.

One among the others: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2597508.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistahseller

The phone will not let itself achieve a dangerous level unless you have modified the kernel to tell it not to thermal throttle at 70.

the frequency throttle temperature is 70 celcius the suspend temp is 65 and core throttle is 80

Thank you!
I should have guessed that there is a system to prevent "overboiling"..
PS: I used the search button with" temp" and "temperature" but I haven't find thread.. I guess I don't know how to use the search button
Thanks for your time
Last edited by guba91; 5th February 2014 at 04:36 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread