CPU max speed keeps reverting to 1190Mhz?

OP Truthiswithin

21st March 2014, 12:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35

118 posts
This is a really strange problem. Over the past few days, my device keeps resetting its maximum CPU speed to 1190Mhz, no matter what app I use to set the max speed; I've tried no-frills, trickstermod, and the built in cm performance settings.

I assumed it was the kernel, but then i switched kernels; i assumed it was the ROM, but then I switched ROMs; I assumed it was an app, but I factory reset and still the same. What else could it be?
21st March 2014, 01:00 PM   |  #2  
Flag Moon
Thanks Meter: 7

92 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthiswithin

This is a really strange problem. Over the past few days, my device keeps resetting its maximum CPU speed to 1190Mhz, no matter what app I use to set the max speed; I've tried no-frills, trickstermod, and the built in cm performance settings.

I assumed it was the kernel, but then i switched kernels; i assumed it was the ROM, but then I switched ROMs; I assumed it was an app, but I factory reset and still the same. What else could it be?

i think its normal. you don't have any problems with it right? you can change profiles like 'performance' or 'interactive' if your rom allows you to do this.
21st March 2014, 01:42 PM   |  #3  
Sydney
Thanks Meter: 483

2,015 posts
More
think it's probably thermal throttling - use cpy spy, or something that monitors CPU speeds and check

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
21st March 2014, 04:29 PM   |  #4  
Flag Vancouver, WA
Thanks Meter: 470

1,877 posts
More
Are checking set on reboot in the overclock menu? You lose your overclock on most roms if this is not checked.
24th March 2014, 05:59 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35

118 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver2233

think it's probably thermal throttling - use cpy spy, or something that monitors CPU speeds and check

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I think that's it; I finally got no-frills to force it to stay at 2.4ghz and thermal throttle in logcat was whining about not being able to set the CPU speed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread