[Q] Cracked Screen Repair by LG - Pricing

Tip us?

iniz94
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblzd View Post
That really sucks! Sorry to hear that, what case is it so we can avoid it like the plague? Nothing worse then thinking it's protected and it's not though we haven't heard how it actually happened maybe you dropped it into a cement mixer and then the case might be more excusable.
It's the Diztronic Matte Black TPU Case. And it was just an ordinary 2 feet drop on to tile floor. I've dropped plenty of my past phones on to tile before and nothing happened, but this time I guess it hit at a bad angle or something.
== iniz94 ==
Inactive-ish on XDA since the beginning of college (August 2012)

Current Info
Phone: Nexus 5
Carrier: Sprint
Android Version: 4.4
ROM: Currently Stock

Past Phones
HTC Hero: March 2010 - January 2012
Epic 4G Touch: January 2012 - February 2012 (bricked - emmc partitions)
Epic 4G Touch: February 2012 to November 2013
Nexus 5: November 2013 - Present

iniz94
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by whozilla View Post
I have a lot of phone repair experience. I have replaced so many digitizers (glass) its crazy. Especially on iPhones. 146 for the entire repair isn't bad if the LCD is broken as well. Unfortunately the glass and the LCD do not separate well. You likely to fail if you tried. If you succeeded it would only cost you 10-20 bucks for the part. Maybe another 20 to have it put. Or do it yourself. You can buy the LCD and glass assembly for 120-150. Easily replaced yourself. So 146 for the whole job done professionally?

That is good. Check how much a super amoled costs

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

PS almost everything on the n5 is easily replaced and cheap. The charger port. The headphone jack. Both speakers. The camera. Cheap too. It takes about 5-10 min to replace anything.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
The digitizer still works I believe because my phone is still fully functional. I always thought that the assembly had three parts - the glass, the LCD, and the digitizer. Since the whole assembly is fused though it'll cost like $150 alone for the part. I wish it wasn't fused though so I could just repair the broken glass myself for like $30
== iniz94 ==
Inactive-ish on XDA since the beginning of college (August 2012)

Current Info
Phone: Nexus 5
Carrier: Sprint
Android Version: 4.4
ROM: Currently Stock

Past Phones
HTC Hero: March 2010 - January 2012
Epic 4G Touch: January 2012 - February 2012 (bricked - emmc partitions)
Epic 4G Touch: February 2012 to November 2013
Nexus 5: November 2013 - Present

morkdaddy21
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by iniz94 View Post
It's the Diztronic Matte Black TPU Case. And it was just an ordinary 2 feet drop on to tile floor. I've dropped plenty of my past phones on to tile before and nothing happened, but this time I guess it hit at a bad angle or something.
Wow that sucks, I have the same case and dropped mine from about 4 feet on to a tile floor as well. It landed on the bottom bumper and apparently absorbed the fall because there was not even a scratch on the phone or case. Either I got really lucky or you were very unlucky.

wideasleep1
Old
Thanks Meter 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by morkdaddy21 View Post
Wow that sucks, I have the same case and dropped mine from about 4 feet on to a tile floor as well. It landed on the bottom bumper and apparently absorbed the fall because there was not even a scratch on the phone or case. Either I got really lucky or you were very unlucky.
Same here..dropped at least a dozen times, concrete/blacktop/wood floor/carpet...no breakage nor sign of drops.
B/W Sidekick/Color Sidekick2/TMO MDA/TMO Dash/G1/Nexus 1/Sensation/SGS3/Nexus 4/Nexus 5
The Following User Says Thank You to wideasleep1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

whozilla
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by iniz94 View Post
The digitizer still works I believe because my phone is still fully functional. I always thought that the assembly had three parts - the glass, the LCD, and the digitizer. Since the whole assembly is fused though it'll cost like $150 alone for the part. I wish it wasn't fused though so I could just repair the broken glass myself for like $30
Its only two parts. Digitizer is the glass. Than LCD. Phones like the iPhone and some HTC phones and a number lg phones still have easy separation between the two. You can replace the glass. But it may damage the LCD because its fused. I could do it but the digitizer is currently hard to find unless you go to a store with factory access. 150 has profit built in. A shop owner could get that for maybe 100 bucks. Lg probably pays 50 to make it. 146 is a steal but ask if you can keep the damaged part. The extra LCD could come in handy one day. Glass will become more readily available once the device becomes less popular. I bet you can find the part cheaper than 150 now.

Sent from my Nexus 5
The Following User Says Thank You to whozilla For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]