Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,761 Members 41,788 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Closed thanks

Tip us?

howard bamber
Old
(Last edited by howard bamber; 6th April 2014 at 01:18 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 169
Default Closed thanks

On the face of it this may not seem like much but WTH had it come from? It's causing grief. I can't make a back up. 16 gig phone You are taking about one backup of about 5gigs thx to the "data", plus it's still on the phone so that's over half my space taken! Now you see the issue. I've no laptop to store a backup on. This never used to be an issue. I've a superb cleaner for obsolete files that others leave. I tried saving the data and wiping it and starting the phone. Would not work so put it back.
Is this a crazy amount to have? It seems recent.
Running stock Kk with the superb Elementalx kernel.
If I had hair I'd pull it out! :P

From my mobile telephony device.

gee2012
Old
(Last edited by gee2012; 5th April 2014 at 05:54 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2802
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard bamber View Post
On the face of it this may not seem like much but WTH had it come from? It's causing grief. I can't make a back up. 16 gig phone You are taking about one backup of about 5gigs thx to the "data", plus it's still on the phone so that's over half my space taken! Now you see the issue. I've no laptop to store a backup on. This never used to be an issue. I've a superb cleaner for obsolete files that others leave. I tried saving the data and wiping it and starting the phone. Would not work so put it back.
Is this a crazy amount to have? It seems recent.
Running stock Kk with the superb Elementalx kernel.
If I had hair I'd pull it out! :P

Sure mate, its the complete OS and your apps and its data. 4-5 gigs for a complete nandroid backup is pretty normal.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue
The Following User Says Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

howard bamber
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 169
seems to of grown a lot. Music is going to an mp3 then

vin4yak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1829

DONATE TO ME
You could get a pendrive and transfer the backups over there via OTG cable...

However, If you want to keep a backup on your phone itself and also want smaller nandrioids... Then transfer your media somewhere else as they can easily be transferred back to your device.. Take a nandrioid backup.. And then transfer all the media back to your device...
You could save a few GBs this way...

-Flowed from an IceCold Hammerhead!
The Following User Says Thank You to vin4yak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

howard bamber
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 169
I've a pen drive, 64gig titanium and USB otg from my Nexus 4 days. Doing what you said in a while. Cup of tea first, Btit :P

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 9771
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
Sure mate, its the complete OS and your apps and its data. 4-5 gigs for a complete nandroid backup is pretty normal.
Depends how advanced the recovery is I suppose. My full Nandroid backup is 2.4 GB. Set to highest compression setting

I use slimkat which may be slightly smaller than stock though. 161 user apps.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]