XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Crazy bug with "back" tap

Tip us?

Dr. Krieger
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default Crazy bug with "back" tap

For some days now I've been experiencing a weird issue with the back tap of the navigation bar.
At times (like 1 out of 5) when I'm inside an app and I tap back instead of going straight to the home it shows for a split second (but sometimes even longer like 2 or 3 seconds) one of the apps that was previously opened (especially apps that I use a lot like Twitter, Tapatalk or What's App).

The weirdest thing though, is that I'm now currently using my 3rd different rom and my 4th different kernel and I've been experiencing the issue with ALL of them. Purity 4.4 with Franco r16, Purity 4.4.1 with Franco r19, Cyano 11 with Trinity and now Cyano 11 with Franco r20. In all of those combination I've had the issue with the back tap. Sometimes doing a wipe of cache and dalvik helps post-pone it, like it doesn't show up for some hours, but then it always comes back. I don't recall having this issue when I was stock, but then again I remained on stock for a very brief time.

Anyone else been having the same problem? How to solve it?

RandomPlayer
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Krieger View Post
For some days now I've been experiencing a weird issue with the back tap of the navigation bar.
At times (like 1 out of 5) when I'm inside an app and I tap back instead of going straight to the home it shows for a split second (but sometimes even longer like 2 or 3 seconds) one of the apps that was previously opened (especially apps that I use a lot like Twitter, Tapatalk or What's App).

The weirdest thing though, is that I'm now currently using my 3rd different rom and my 4th different kernel and I've been experiencing the issue with ALL of them. Purity 4.4 with Franco r16, Purity 4.4.1 with Franco r19, Cyano 11 with Trinity and now Cyano 11 with Franco r20. In all of those combination I've had the issue with the back tap. Sometimes doing a wipe of cache and dalvik helps post-pone it, like it doesn't show up for some hours, but then it always comes back. I don't recall having this issue when I was stock, but then again I remained on stock for a very brief time.

Anyone else been having the same problem? How to solve it?
I have the same issue. I'm completely stock. Happened with 4.4 and 4.4.1 haven't updated to 4.4.2 yet.

Aerowinder
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1031
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomPlayer View Post
I have the same issue. I'm completely stock. Happened with 4.4 and 4.4.1 haven't updated to 4.4.2 yet.
+1

Hammerhead Firmware: Google
USB Drivers: Google
ADB+ADB Drivers: 19.0.1 (API 19) + Koush's Universal ADB Drivers v6
Recovery: TWRP | Stock KOT49H zip
Superuser: Chainfire | Mirror

gasgallo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The same here

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Dr. Krieger
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
It's at least nice to know that I'm not the only.
None of you has 4.4.2?

gasgallo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
4.4.1 here

Aerowinder
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1031
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgallo View Post
4.4.1 here

4.4, 4.4.1, 4.4.2 all do it.

Hammerhead Firmware: Google
USB Drivers: Google
ADB+ADB Drivers: 19.0.1 (API 19) + Koush's Universal ADB Drivers v6
Recovery: TWRP | Stock KOT49H zip
Superuser: Chainfire | Mirror

Dr. Krieger
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Been using 4.4.2 since last night and at the risk of jinxing it, haven't experienced the issue anymore. Finger crossed it just won't happen again.

TheUsualSuspect
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Seems to be a KitKat Bug. You can reproduce it also on a Nexus 4 or Nexus 7 with KitKat, also 4.4.2.

See Issue 63570 Android Open Source Project - Issue Tracker, sorry, as new user I'm not allowed to post links...

" Steps to reproduce the bug:

- As you can see, the home screen is cleared.
- Tap on battery settings from the quick settings dropdown menu;
- Use home button to come back to the home screen;
- Once again, tap on battery settings from the quick settings dropdown menu;
- This time, use back button to go back;
- Enjoy another background app opening for a second with no reason before going back to your home screen."

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheUsualSuspect For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]