Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,099 Members 46,980 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Custom lockscreens don't work properly

Tip us?
 
KDJewl
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 39
Join Date: May 2012
Default Custom lockscreens don't work properly

Hi there,

I've been really happy with my Nexus 5 since buying it in February, but I've always been jealous of those notifications iPhone users get on their lockscreen... So I decided to look at many different lockscreen apps. However, and I've found this issue multiple times with Widgetlocker, SlideLock, etc. After installing, the apps work like normal; my stock lock screen is disabled and the other shows up in its place. But after a while, seemingly random, the lockscreen app fails to show the screen, and I often have to flip it on and off or even reinstall it to get it to show up again... Has anyone else had this problem and possibly knows of a solution? I'm running a rooted factory ROM. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
 
KJ
Old
#2  
KJ's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2842
Posts: 7,011
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The boonies - southwest Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDJewl View Post
Hi there,

I've been really happy with my Nexus 5 since buying it in February, but I've always been jealous of those notifications iPhone users get on their lockscreen... So I decided to look at many different lockscreen apps. However, and I've found this issue multiple times with Widgetlocker, SlideLock, etc. After installing, the apps work like normal; my stock lock screen is disabled and the other shows up in its place. But after a while, seemingly random, the lockscreen app fails to show the screen, and I often have to flip it on and off or even reinstall it to get it to show up again... Has anyone else had this problem and possibly knows of a solution? I'm running a rooted factory ROM. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
Just get a ROM with lock screen notifications. There's a bunch with the feature.
Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

 
KDJewl
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 39
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112 View Post
Just get a ROM with lock screen notifications. There's a bunch with the feature.
Hmm...I was really hoping for more of a solution to the problem than a way to avoid it, but if that's what I have to do I guess I'll do it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to KDJewl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
KJ
Old
#4  
KJ's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2842
Posts: 7,011
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The boonies - southwest Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDJewl View Post
Hmm...I was really hoping for more of a solution to the problem than a way to avoid it, but if that's what I have to do I guess I'll do it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
Well, seems like app issues. No one here can really help with that. You'd need to go to app website or email the makers.
Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

 
KDJewl
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 39
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112 View Post
Well, seems like app issues. No one here can really help with that. You'd need to go to app website or email the makers.
Okay thanks. I was sorta thinking that but I thought I'd ask here first since its literally EVERY lockscreen app that I try.. But thanks again!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
 
Lethargy
Old
#6  
Lethargy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 758
Posts: 1,516
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Sydney, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDJewl View Post
Okay thanks. I was sorta thinking that but I thought I'd ask here first since its literally EVERY lockscreen app that I try.. But thanks again!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droid.nilsplus

Try this if you don't want a custom ROM. Rather than "replacing" the default lockscreen with an app it overlays on top. You'll also need to install this first but do not add it as a Lockscreen Widget since NiLS Floating Panel overlays over the lockscreen without needing the Widget.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Browse the Internet with the Innovative Atlas Web Browser

For the most part, Chrome, Firefox, and Dolphin Browser have no real rivals among … more

Choose from Over a Thousand Battery Styles with 3Minit Battery Mod

The battery style in stock Android looks pretty dull. It doesn’t … more

Organize Your Cloud Storage Files with Unclouded

Cloud storage services like Dropbox or Google Drive have grown in popularity dramatically … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Blur Your System Notification Panel – XDA Developer TV

Listen, we love innovative applications and modules that … more