Custom lockscreens don't work properly

OP KDJewl

5th May 2014, 12:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

44 posts
More
Hi there,

I've been really happy with my Nexus 5 since buying it in February, but I've always been jealous of those notifications iPhone users get on their lockscreen... So I decided to look at many different lockscreen apps. However, and I've found this issue multiple times with Widgetlocker, SlideLock, etc. After installing, the apps work like normal; my stock lock screen is disabled and the other shows up in its place. But after a while, seemingly random, the lockscreen app fails to show the screen, and I often have to flip it on and off or even reinstall it to get it to show up again... Has anyone else had this problem and possibly knows of a solution? I'm running a rooted factory ROM. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
5th May 2014, 01:39 AM   |  #2  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,878

13,410 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDJewl

Hi there,

I've been really happy with my Nexus 5 since buying it in February, but I've always been jealous of those notifications iPhone users get on their lockscreen... So I decided to look at many different lockscreen apps. However, and I've found this issue multiple times with Widgetlocker, SlideLock, etc. After installing, the apps work like normal; my stock lock screen is disabled and the other shows up in its place. But after a while, seemingly random, the lockscreen app fails to show the screen, and I often have to flip it on and off or even reinstall it to get it to show up again... Has anyone else had this problem and possibly knows of a solution? I'm running a rooted factory ROM. Thanks in advance!

Just get a ROM with lock screen notifications. There's a bunch with the feature.
5th May 2014, 01:40 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

44 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112

Just get a ROM with lock screen notifications. There's a bunch with the feature.

Hmm...I was really hoping for more of a solution to the problem than a way to avoid it, but if that's what I have to do I guess I'll do it.

The Following User Says Thank You to KDJewl For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th May 2014, 01:47 AM   |  #4  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,878

13,410 posts
More
Quote:

Hmm...I was really hoping for more of a solution to the problem than a way to avoid it, but if that's what I have to do I guess I'll do it.

Well, seems like app issues. No one here can really help with that. You'd need to go to app website or email the makers.
5th May 2014, 01:48 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

44 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112

Well, seems like app issues. No one here can really help with that. You'd need to go to app website or email the makers.

Okay thanks. I was sorta thinking that but I thought I'd ask here first since its literally EVERY lockscreen app that I try.. But thanks again!

5th May 2014, 09:29 PM   |  #6  
Flag Somewhere quiet.
Thanks Meter: 2,500

4,116 posts
More
Quote:

Okay thanks. I was sorta thinking that but I thought I'd ask here first since its literally EVERY lockscreen app that I try.. But thanks again!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droid.nilsplus

Try this if you don't want a custom ROM. Rather than "replacing" the default lockscreen with an app it overlays on top. You'll also need to install this first but do not add it as a Lockscreen Widget since NiLS Floating Panel overlays over the lockscreen without needing the Widget.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread