Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,099 Members 46,980 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Custom lockscreens don't work properly

Tip us?

KDJewl
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Custom lockscreens don't work properly

Hi there,

I've been really happy with my Nexus 5 since buying it in February, but I've always been jealous of those notifications iPhone users get on their lockscreen... So I decided to look at many different lockscreen apps. However, and I've found this issue multiple times with Widgetlocker, SlideLock, etc. After installing, the apps work like normal; my stock lock screen is disabled and the other shows up in its place. But after a while, seemingly random, the lockscreen app fails to show the screen, and I often have to flip it on and off or even reinstall it to get it to show up again... Has anyone else had this problem and possibly knows of a solution? I'm running a rooted factory ROM. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2842
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDJewl View Post
Hi there,

I've been really happy with my Nexus 5 since buying it in February, but I've always been jealous of those notifications iPhone users get on their lockscreen... So I decided to look at many different lockscreen apps. However, and I've found this issue multiple times with Widgetlocker, SlideLock, etc. After installing, the apps work like normal; my stock lock screen is disabled and the other shows up in its place. But after a while, seemingly random, the lockscreen app fails to show the screen, and I often have to flip it on and off or even reinstall it to get it to show up again... Has anyone else had this problem and possibly knows of a solution? I'm running a rooted factory ROM. Thanks in advance!

Just get a ROM with lock screen notifications. There's a bunch with the feature.
Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

KDJewl
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112 View Post
Just get a ROM with lock screen notifications. There's a bunch with the feature.
Hmm...I was really hoping for more of a solution to the problem than a way to avoid it, but if that's what I have to do I guess I'll do it.

The Following User Says Thank You to KDJewl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2842
Quote:
Hmm...I was really hoping for more of a solution to the problem than a way to avoid it, but if that's what I have to do I guess I'll do it.

Well, seems like app issues. No one here can really help with that. You'd need to go to app website or email the makers.
Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

KDJewl
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112 View Post
Well, seems like app issues. No one here can really help with that. You'd need to go to app website or email the makers.
Okay thanks. I was sorta thinking that but I thought I'd ask here first since its literally EVERY lockscreen app that I try.. But thanks again!

Lethargy
Old
Thanks Meter 758
Quote:
Okay thanks. I was sorta thinking that but I thought I'd ask here first since its literally EVERY lockscreen app that I try.. But thanks again!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droid.nilsplus

Try this if you don't want a custom ROM. Rather than "replacing" the default lockscreen with an app it overlays on top. You'll also need to install this first but do not add it as a Lockscreen Widget since NiLS Floating Panel overlays over the lockscreen without needing the Widget.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.