FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Custom Quick Settings.

9th November 2013, 11:49 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Hi Guys, I'm a long time android user, but this is my first pure AOSP, I've been on various CM roms for quite a while.

I was pretty surprised to see that I can't find a custom quick settings option (ie change how the quick settings buttons work)....

- Why would you ever have bluetooth and wifi tiles launch settings menus, rather than just toggle bluetooth / wifi on/off - really silly default option..

- would love to be able to add a torch, screen timeout & screen rotation lock tiles...

My question, is there any way to get this sort of functionality without going to a custom rom - still using the quick tiles? or is it just a matter of me not being so impatient and waiting for CM or similar to be released..

Love the idea of being able to get OTA updates.. and really to be honest, the only thing I am really missing from CM is the ability to modify the quick tiles..
 
 
9th November 2013, 11:51 PM |#2  
ArkAngel06's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 72
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by llewelld

Hi Guys, I'm a long time android user, but this is my first pure AOSP, I've been on various CM roms for quite a while.

I was pretty surprised to see that I can't find a custom quick settings option (ie change how the quick settings buttons work)....

- Why would you ever have bluetooth and wifi tiles launch settings menus, rather than just toggle bluetooth / wifi on/off - really silly default option..

- would love to be able to add a torch, screen timeout & screen rotation lock tiles...

My question, is there any way to get this sort of functionality without going to a custom rom - still using the quick tiles? or is it just a matter of me not being so impatient and waiting for CM or similar to be released..

Love the idea of being able to get OTA updates.. and really to be honest, the only thing I am really missing from CM is the ability to modify the quick tiles..

If you long press a tile, it toggles that setting on off.
The Following User Says Thank You to ArkAngel06 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th November 2013, 12:00 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkAngel06

If you long press a tile, it toggles that setting on off.

Awesome, thanks, at least makes bluetooth and wifi toggles more practical..

So I take it that adding extra tiles (ie say screen rotation for example) , is not an option in AOSP?
10th November 2013, 12:02 AM |#4  
Exel's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 1,343
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by llewelld

Awesome, thanks, at least makes bluetooth and wifi toggles more practical..

So I take it that adding extra tiles (ie say screen rotation for example) , is not an option in AOSP?

Not that I remember, it's an added feature to ROMs.
10th November 2013, 12:11 AM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
It's good to know I am not the only one feeling this one.
I was a bit shocked to see how little options there are for customization in the stock rom.
I guess I am spoiled by CyanogenMod....
10th November 2013, 08:17 AM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkAngel06

If you long press a tile, it toggles that setting on off.

Checkout widgetzoid. It is what I use for this functionality.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
10th November 2013, 08:19 AM |#7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Here is a screen shot, very customizable and the bolt to the right is like torch.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1384071531987.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	2382968  
10th November 2013, 11:51 AM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
If you want rotation lock in quick settings you have to modify SystemUI.apk and framework2.jar. If you were using stock you'd have to modify those, but using AOSP means you can just change a few lines of code and recompile.

If you want to know the exact parts to modify let me know.
10th November 2013, 11:54 AM |#9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandeer

Here is a screen shot, very customizable and the bolt to the right is like torch.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Screen rotation is an option in widgetsoid. Just FYI

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
10th November 2013, 11:57 AM |#10  
Michealtbh's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Belfast
Thanks Meter: 847
 
More
Cataclysm Rom has customizable quick settings
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank