Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,985 Members 53,794 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Custom Quick Settings.

Tip us?

llewelld
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default Custom Quick Settings.

Hi Guys, I'm a long time android user, but this is my first pure AOSP, I've been on various CM roms for quite a while.

I was pretty surprised to see that I can't find a custom quick settings option (ie change how the quick settings buttons work)....

- Why would you ever have bluetooth and wifi tiles launch settings menus, rather than just toggle bluetooth / wifi on/off - really silly default option..

- would love to be able to add a torch, screen timeout & screen rotation lock tiles...

My question, is there any way to get this sort of functionality without going to a custom rom - still using the quick tiles? or is it just a matter of me not being so impatient and waiting for CM or similar to be released..

Love the idea of being able to get OTA updates.. and really to be honest, the only thing I am really missing from CM is the ability to modify the quick tiles..

ArkAngel06
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by llewelld View Post
Hi Guys, I'm a long time android user, but this is my first pure AOSP, I've been on various CM roms for quite a while.

I was pretty surprised to see that I can't find a custom quick settings option (ie change how the quick settings buttons work)....

- Why would you ever have bluetooth and wifi tiles launch settings menus, rather than just toggle bluetooth / wifi on/off - really silly default option..

- would love to be able to add a torch, screen timeout & screen rotation lock tiles...

My question, is there any way to get this sort of functionality without going to a custom rom - still using the quick tiles? or is it just a matter of me not being so impatient and waiting for CM or similar to be released..

Love the idea of being able to get OTA updates.. and really to be honest, the only thing I am really missing from CM is the ability to modify the quick tiles..
If you long press a tile, it toggles that setting on off.
The Following User Says Thank You to ArkAngel06 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

llewelld
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkAngel06 View Post
Awesome, thanks, at least makes bluetooth and wifi toggles more practical..

So I take it that adding extra tiles (ie say screen rotation for example) , is not an option in AOSP?

Exel
Old
Thanks Meter 1313
Quote:
Originally Posted by llewelld View Post
Awesome, thanks, at least makes bluetooth and wifi toggles more practical..

So I take it that adding extra tiles (ie say screen rotation for example) , is not an option in AOSP?
Not that I remember, it's an added feature to ROMs.
||Phone: Google Nexus 5 (Hammerhead)
||Additional Memory: None
||ROM: Android 4.4 KitKat
||Kernel: Nexus 5 Faux Kernel

Tablet: ASUS Nexus 7 16GB||
Additional Memory: None||
ROM: CM10.2 Nightlies||
Kernel: Stock Tweaked||

FEnzo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
It's good to know I am not the only one feeling this one.
I was a bit shocked to see how little options there are for customization in the stock rom.
I guess I am spoiled by CyanogenMod....

Zandeer
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkAngel06 View Post
Checkout widgetzoid. It is what I use for this functionality.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
Phone History:
Motorola MicroTac, Nokia 5100, Nokia 3390, Motorola i90c, Motorol V330, Samsung D415, Motorola V360, Motorola W490, T-Mobile HTC G1, T-Mobile HTC Sensation, Google Nexus 5

Zandeer
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Here is a screen shot, very customizable and the bolt to the right is like torch.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1384071531987.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	2382968  
Phone History:
Motorola MicroTac, Nokia 5100, Nokia 3390, Motorola i90c, Motorol V330, Samsung D415, Motorola V360, Motorola W490, T-Mobile HTC G1, T-Mobile HTC Sensation, Google Nexus 5

a9y
Old
Thanks Meter 7
If you want rotation lock in quick settings you have to modify SystemUI.apk and framework2.jar. If you were using stock you'd have to modify those, but using AOSP means you can just change a few lines of code and recompile.

If you want to know the exact parts to modify let me know.

Zandeer
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandeer View Post
Here is a screen shot, very customizable and the bolt to the right is like torch.

Screen rotation is an option in widgetsoid. Just FYI

Phone History:

Michealtbh
Old
Thanks Meter 841
Cataclysm Rom has customizable quick settings