Post Reply

[Q] Custom ringtones

10th November 2013, 02:54 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Hey all,

How can I set custom ringtones on a Nexus 5 (not rooted)?

There's no option just to set an MP3 file as one.

Thanks
10th November 2013, 03:34 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 165
 
339 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordromanov01

Hey all,

How can I set custom ringtones on a Nexus 5 (not rooted)?

There's no option just to set an MP3 file as one.

Thanks

Go to the "sdcard" folder (user storage area, where you put stuff), look for the ringtones folder, stick the mp3 in there. It'll automatically show up in your list of selectable ringtones.
10th November 2013, 03:35 PM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Flag Tulsa
Thanks Meter: 4
 
19 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordromanov01

Hey all,

How can I set custom ringtones on a Nexus 5 (not rooted)?

There's no option just to set an MP3 file as one.

Thanks

If you install some sort of file explorer (like ES File Explorer) then you should be able to set one when it asks you which app to use to select the ringtone.

Aside from that, if you copy/paste files to the Nexus after plugging in the USB cable and having the Nexus set up as an MTP, that usually works as long as you put the files into the Ringtone or Notifications folder.
10th November 2013, 03:48 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Law

Go to the "sdcard" folder (user storage area, where you put stuff), look for the ringtones folder, stick the mp3 in there. It'll automatically show up in your list of selectable ringtones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOkie

If you install some sort of file explorer (like ES File Explorer) then you should be able to set one when it asks you which app to use to select the ringtone.

Aside from that, if you copy/paste files to the Nexus after plugging in the USB cable and having the Nexus set up as an MTP, that usually works as long as you put the files into the Ringtone or Notifications folder.

Thanks both of you. I have got it working now
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank