FORUMS

Make Your Network Smart – XDA Xposed Tuesday

We rave about the features and abilities of our smartphones. However, in order for … more

Dr.Ketan Brings The S6 Theme Store To The Note 4

Dr.Ketan has submitted a video to the forums showing a functional port of the Galaxy S6 … more

Do You Have Insurance on Your Smartphone?

While affordable smartphones are becoming more available, the majority of high-end flagships … more

Apple Music Will Increase iTunes Match to 100,000 Songs

The battle for music streaming subscription dominance is starting to really heat … more

Custom text selector.

210 posts
Thanks Meter: 12
 
By vukis, Senior Member on 23rd February 2014, 06:49 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi. I miss my old HTC desire sense functionality for text selecting. Is there any way to customize text selection copy paste share bar? Over xposed or anyhow? I searched through xda and there is a demand for this feature but add I understand it does not exist
 
 
23rd February 2014, 05:06 PM |#2  
Primokorn's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,082
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vukis

Hi. I miss my old HTC desire sense functionality for text selecting. Is there any way to customize text selection copy paste share bar? Over xposed or anyhow? I searched through xda and there is a demand for this feature but add I understand it does not exist

What do u want to do exactly?
23rd February 2014, 06:28 PM |#3  
vukis's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primokorn

What do u want to do exactly?

For example one button click to launch translate
23rd February 2014, 06:40 PM |#4  
Primokorn's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,082
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vukis

For example one button click to launch translate

These apps seem to match with your needs:
- https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...anything&hl=en
- https://play.google.com/store/search...anslator&hl=en
The Following User Says Thank You to Primokorn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2014, 09:07 AM |#5  
vukis's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primokorn

These apps seem to match with your needs:
- https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...anything&hl=en
- https://play.google.com/store/search...anslator&hl=en

Those are clipboard managers. The first on only works till 2.3 android, and others are not the text selectors.
Maybe I expressed myself incorrectly. What I really miss from old desire is that quick text selection with separate magnifier button (lookup in wikipedia, word define, translate) demo can bee seen :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8AcxgLyk2A#t=52

Because now when I want to translate or define a world I have to select text select share search for translate app select that app. Previously on sense UI it was: select text click magnifier and vualia.

But anyway thanks for trying to help.
24th February 2014, 09:36 AM |#6  
Primokorn's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,082
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vukis

Those are clipboard managers. The first on only works till 2.3 android, and others are not the text selectors.
Maybe I expressed myself incorrectly. What I really miss from old desire is that quick text selection with separate magnifier button (lookup in wikipedia, word define, translate) demo can bee seen :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8AcxgLyk2A#t=52

Because now when I want to translate or define a world I have to select text select share search for translate app select that app. Previously on sense UI it was: select text click magnifier and vualia.

But anyway thanks for trying to help.

Ok I understand and I've just found (and tried) Finger Translate.
Select a text then copy it and you will have a pop-up (or toast notification) with 2 options: Copy or Translate. It works on KitKat 4.4.2.

It's almost the same feature as the youtube video. Does it suit you?
You could also try this other app: Touch Translator
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Primokorn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2014, 10:26 AM |#7  
vukis's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primokorn

Ok I understand and I've just found (and tried) Finger Translate.
Select a text then copy it and you will have a pop-up (or toast notification) with 2 options: Copy or Translate. It works on KitKat 4.4.2.

It's almost the same feature as the youtube video. Does it suit you?
You could also try this other app: Touch Translator

Not as good as it was on Sense, but I will give it a try and test in in daily use.
BTW selecting only toast (I don't need dialog every time I select copy) is not working. It shows dialog. Well if it will not annoys me in future I will stick with it

Thank you!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes