XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Custom text selector.

Tip us?

vukis
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default Custom text selector.

Hi. I miss my old HTC desire sense functionality for text selecting. Is there any way to customize text selection copy paste share bar? Over xposed or anyhow? I searched through xda and there is a demand for this feature but add I understand it does not exist

My ex phones:
Philips twist, Siemens c35, Sony ericsson t300, Siemens ME45, Sony ericsson t610, Nokia 3410, Sony ericsson t630, Siemens CX65, Sony ericsson k750, Sony ericsson k850, Nokia n95 8gb, Nokia n82, HTC Desire, LG nexus 4
Now:
LG nexus 5

Primokorn
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1446

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vukis View Post
Hi. I miss my old HTC desire sense functionality for text selecting. Is there any way to customize text selection copy paste share bar? Over xposed or anyhow? I searched through xda and there is a demand for this feature but add I understand it does not exist
What do u want to do exactly?

vukis
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primokorn View Post
What do u want to do exactly?
For example one button click to launch translate

My ex phones:
Philips twist, Siemens c35, Sony ericsson t300, Siemens ME45, Sony ericsson t610, Nokia 3410, Sony ericsson t630, Siemens CX65, Sony ericsson k750, Sony ericsson k850, Nokia n95 8gb, Nokia n82, HTC Desire, LG nexus 4
Now:
LG nexus 5

Primokorn
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1446

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
For example one button click to launch translate
These apps seem to match with your needs:
- https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...anything&hl=en
- https://play.google.com/store/search...anslator&hl=en
The Following User Says Thank You to Primokorn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vukis
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Those are clipboard managers. The first on only works till 2.3 android, and others are not the text selectors.
Maybe I expressed myself incorrectly. What I really miss from old desire is that quick text selection with separate magnifier button (lookup in wikipedia, word define, translate) demo can bee seen :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8AcxgLyk2A#t=52

Because now when I want to translate or define a world I have to select text select share search for translate app select that app. Previously on sense UI it was: select text click magnifier and vualia.

But anyway thanks for trying to help.

My ex phones:
Now:
LG nexus 5

Primokorn
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1446

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Those are clipboard managers. The first on only works till 2.3 android, and others are not the text selectors.
Maybe I expressed myself incorrectly. What I really miss from old desire is that quick text selection with separate magnifier button (lookup in wikipedia, word define, translate) demo can bee seen :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8AcxgLyk2A#t=52

Because now when I want to translate or define a world I have to select text select share search for translate app select that app. Previously on sense UI it was: select text click magnifier and vualia.

But anyway thanks for trying to help.
Ok I understand and I've just found (and tried) Finger Translate.
Select a text then copy it and you will have a pop-up (or toast notification) with 2 options: Copy or Translate. It works on KitKat 4.4.2.

It's almost the same feature as the youtube video. Does it suit you?
You could also try this other app: Touch Translator
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Primokorn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vukis
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Ok I understand and I've just found (and tried) Finger Translate.
Select a text then copy it and you will have a pop-up (or toast notification) with 2 options: Copy or Translate. It works on KitKat 4.4.2.

It's almost the same feature as the youtube video. Does it suit you?
You could also try this other app: Touch Translator
Not as good as it was on Sense, but I will give it a try and test in in daily use.
BTW selecting only toast (I don't need dialog every time I select copy) is not working. It shows dialog. Well if it will not annoys me in future I will stick with it

Thank you!

My ex phones:
Now:
LG nexus 5