Where are CWM Backups?

Tip us?

dbsoundz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question Where are CWM Backups?

Hello,
I just unlocked, installed CWM and rootet my Nexus 5. Then I made a CWM backup and wanted to transfer it to my PC. But in the storage mounted on my PC I see only the CWM folder but not backups inside. When I boot into CWM and want to delete backups I see all backups I made. I tried also to mount SDcard via CWM, but that doesn't work, nothing happens after hitting mount sd card.

Where can I find those backups? MaybeI have a problem to understand the device storage w/o a sd card :/ it's my first phone w/o SDcard

TIA

absoluterebirth
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsoundz View Post
Hello,
I just unlocked, installed CWM and rootet my Nexus 5. Then I made a CWM backup and wanted to transfer it to my PC. But in the storage mounted on my PC I see only the CWM folder but not backups inside. When I boot into CWM and want to delete backups I see all backups I made. I tried also to mount SDcard via CWM, but that doesn't work, nothing happens after hitting mount sd card.

Where can I find those backups? MaybeI have a problem to understand the device storage w/o a sd card :/ it's my first phone w/o SDcard

TIA
Use a file explorer, preferably ES File Manager. Then, press the globe on the upper left hand corner and swipe down to activate the root capabilities. Then, go to the root of your phone and it should be in this folder

/mnt/shell/emulated/clockworkmod/backup

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7431
They're in /data/media instead of /data/media/0 (which is what /sdcard points to) because CWM didn't change teh mount point when android did in android 4.2
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dbsoundz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by absoluterebirth View Post
Use a file explorer, preferably ES File Manager. Then, press the globe on the upper left hand corner and swipe down to activate the root capabilities. Then, go to the root of your phone and it should be in this folder

/mnt/shell/emulated/clockworkmod/backup
thanks for your help.. Yes, but in the folder clockworkmod I see only one (config)file...

however, i just wiped the phone nd wnated to try it again. No I can't boot it anymore ahhh It sticks at "google logo" and an unlocked lock... I think I wiped too much?! I think I formated too much?! Mount usb storage still doesn't work in CWM... damn