XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cwm/twrp recovery issue

Tip us?

imyourpriest
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Cwm/twrp recovery issue

Hey guys, first off new here though I've perused the forums for a couple of years without a profile. Anyways, I just recently picked up my lovely nexus 5, Sunday. And today I got around to rooting/custom recovery and updating to 4.4.1 via sideloader. But for some reason when I flashed CWM or TWRP both the latest versions, neither work. At the moment I have no functioning recovery. All it does is show the Google logo screen, never goes to the little android guy or the custom recovery screen, nothing. Just the white Google logo with black background and small lock at the bottom. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am on 4.4.1, rooted with cf auto, I have erased the install-recovery.sh, I have tried twrp one click, I have tried manually flashing cwm img file and twrp img file. Each time through adb, each time using fastboot erase recovery and fastboot install recovery recovery.img.

I've followed countless tutorials, and followed them to the letter but nothing has worked. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
Nexus 5 Black 16gb: Elix-R 4.4.2 Rooted, TWRP (The Main/T-Mobile)

golem95
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by imyourpriest View Post
Hey guys, first off new here though I've perused the forums for a couple of years without a profile. Anyways, I just recently picked up my lovely nexus 5, Sunday. And today I got around to rooting/custom recovery and updating to 4.4.1 via sideloader. But for some reason when I flashed CWM or TWRP both the latest versions, neither work. At the moment I have no functioning recovery. All it does is show the Google logo screen, never goes to the little android guy or the custom recovery screen, nothing. Just the white Google logo with black background and small lock at the bottom. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am on 4.4.1, rooted with cf auto, I have erased the install-recovery.sh, I have tried twrp one click, I have tried manually flashing cwm img file and twrp img file. Each time through adb, each time using fastboot erase recovery and fastboot install recovery recovery.img.

I've followed countless tutorials, and followed them to the letter but nothing has worked. Any help is greatly appreciated!

mmh you don't need to erase the recovery before installing a new one, i wouldn't even recommend it
maybe just trying: fastboot devices
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader
by the way, doesn't even the stock rec. occur?

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 18022
its fastboot flash recovery recoveryname.img not fastboot install recovery recoveryname.img

stay away from root toolkits, its much faster without. without a toolkit this is all you do..
fastboot oem unlock (unlocks bootloader)
fastboot flash a recovery
flash the supersu su binaries in your new recovery
reboot
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!

imyourpriest
Old
(Last edited by imyourpriest; 12th December 2013 at 07:26 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Sorry about the late response to this, but the conclusion was apparently the guide that sent me to a certain twrp (and cwm for that matter) were previous editions that weren't compatible. As for the question about stock rec. No stock wasn't showing at all, it got stuck on the little Andy with an exclamation mark logo. Finally fixed it by going through a walk through, unrooting it, flashing the stock .IMG and then locking the bootloader. THEN using kwonggers toolkit to unlock, root, twrp etc.

Anyways, in the end it all worked out thanks to looking around XDA thanks guys!

PS: drivers with this thing and windows 7/8 can be quite silly.

Nexus 5 Black 16gb: Elix-R 4.4.2 Rooted, TWRP (The Main/T-Mobile)