Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,547 Members 45,633 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cyanogenmod kernel

Tip us?
 
howard bamber
Old
#1  
howard bamber's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 169
Posts: 1,259
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Southport
Default Cyanogenmod kernel

Im fed up of having to set up everything after an update. How good is the included kernel?

From the app that F/C's every 10 min....
 
experience7
Old
#2  
experience7's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 352
Posts: 807
Join Date: Jun 2011
Check it out for yourself. Some claim it's not good - others love it.
By the way, that applies to all kernels
SMARTPHONE HISTORY:
#1: Samsung Omnia 7 _ sold on eBay.
#2: HTC HD2 _ my brother gave it back to me *_*
#3: Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100) _ sold to a friend.
#4: LG Google Nexus 5 (Hammerhead) _ my current beast! <3

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


The Following User Says Thank You to experience7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
flashback7
Old
#3  
flashback7's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1320
Posts: 2,700
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: San Antonio Texas
CyanogenMod kernel is great!! I have yet to pull off as good of battery life using anything else and you don't even have to tweak anything when you use CM kernel just flash and roll with it. Check it out you won't be disappointed.

Sent from my Nexus 5
HTC EVO LTE
The Following User Says Thank You to flashback7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Lethargy
Old
#4  
Lethargy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 781
Posts: 1,559
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Sydney, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashback7 View Post
CyanogenMod kernel is great!! I have yet to pull off as good of battery life using anything else and you don't even have to tweak anything when you use CM kernel just flash and roll with it. Check it out you won't be disappointed.

Sent from my Nexus 5
Kernel hardly influences battery life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.
 
flashback7
Old
#5  
flashback7's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1320
Posts: 2,700
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: San Antonio Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethargy View Post
Kernel hardly influences battery life.
First I ever heard that one.

Sent from my Nexus 5
HTC EVO LTE
The Following User Says Thank You to flashback7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Lethargy
Old
#6  
Lethargy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 781
Posts: 1,559
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Sydney, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashback7 View Post
First I ever heard that one.

Sent from my Nexus 5
I can get 5-6 hours screen on time with my Nexus 5 regardless which kernel, I've tried them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lethargy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
flashback7
Old
#7  
flashback7's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1320
Posts: 2,700
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: San Antonio Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethargy View Post
I can get 5-6 hours screen on time with my Nexus 5 regardless which kernel, I've tried them.
You should start a thread and share your settings. I'd sign up for sure!!! I've only ever gotten 5 hrs and 2-3 mins max and I live in a great coverage area and while I'm no pro im no noon either. I'd love to know your settings.. Pls.

Sent from my Nexus 5
HTC EVO LTE
 
Lethargy
Old
#8  
Lethargy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 781
Posts: 1,559
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Sydney, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashback7 View Post
You should start a thread and share your settings. I'd sign up for sure!!! I've only ever gotten 5 hrs and 2-3 mins max and I live in a great coverage area and while I'm no pro im no noon either. I'd love to know your settings.. Pls.

Sent from my Nexus 5
There already are battery threads so no thank you.

Sent from my Nexus 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lethargy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jd1639
Old
#9  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3070
Posts: 9,117
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashback7 View Post
You should start a thread and share your settings. I'd sign up for sure!!! I've only ever gotten 5 hrs and 2-3 mins max and I live in a great coverage area and while I'm no pro im no noon either. I'd love to know your settings.. Pls.

Sent from my Nexus 5
You can hear it again, I get 5+ hours consistently on stock everything, no greenify or other battery saving apps. Kernel makes very little difference

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes