Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] cyanogenmod random reboots

OP darkjake

24th August 2014, 10:10 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 301

727 posts
It should be one of the advanced recovery options if you're using CM.
24th August 2014, 10:14 AM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak

Head over to your custom recovery.. Format system, wipe cache/dalvic and flash the new rom.zip followed by gapps.zip. Done!

If the new rom you're trying uses the same base as the current rom you're on, a dirty flash will also do the job!

What about for cwm recovery? I am a little lazy at the moment to in install another recovery and from the looks of it wiping specific parts of the SD are not possible correct? Would just dirty reflashing cyanogen fix the problem?
24th August 2014, 10:19 AM   |  #13  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,453

4,239 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjake

What about for cwm recovery? I am a little lazy at the moment to in install another recovery and from the looks of it wiping specific parts of the SD are not possible correct? Would just dirty reflashing cyanogen fix the problem?

What about it?? Formatting system and wiping cache/dalvic are included in all recoveries.. (TWRP, PhilzTouch and CWM)..

Yes, you can wipe your internal sdcard with a recovery but only if you tell it to do Doing the above 3 things I mentioned won't touch the internal sd for sure.

How would we know?? Try dirty flashing cyanogen and see if it helps.. If it doesn't, you know what to do.
25th August 2014, 12:19 AM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

15 posts
OK so I reflashed cyanogenmod after wiping dalvik and system and I am still randomly rebooting but a little less often. Any ideas?
25th August 2014, 06:06 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 4

16 posts
Interesting

GT-N7100 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
1st September 2014, 04:48 AM   |  #16  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 396

5,581 posts
I also get random reboots on cyan from 8/25 and from 7/25. The reboots only start once I enter the performance settings, even though I leave my CPU settings all stock. Its a glitch that is triggered by performance for me.
1st September 2014, 03:55 PM   |  #17  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,806

4,968 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerPodacter

I also get random reboots on cyan from 8/25 and from 7/25. The reboots only start once I enter the performance settings, even though I leave my CPU settings all stock. Its a glitch that is triggered by performance for me.

Update dude No issue with this menu on yesterday's nightly (ElementalX kernel).

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread