Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,692 Members 40,346 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

D821 model works in US?

Tip us?
 
cshih2
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 34
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default D821 model works in US?

hi friends,
i am going to US for the business trip and my question is will my international version Nexus 5 (D821) LTE or 3G work in either ATT or Tmobile?
Thanks for any helps.
 
stevemw
Old
#2  
stevemw's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 353
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Falls Church
Quote:
Originally Posted by cshih2 View Post
hi friends,
i am going to US for the business trip and my question is will my international version Nexus 5 (D821) LTE or 3G work in either ATT or Tmobile?
Thanks for any helps.
I do not believe you will have any problems with LTE on those networks.
Qualcomm QPC-800 (1997), Motorola v60 (2003), hp iPaq 3600, 3800, 3970, hx4700 (2000-2006), Motorola RAZR (2005), Samsung X820 (2006), T-Mobile Dash [htc S620] (2007), Nokia E71x (2009), Nokia N900 (2010), Motorola Atrix 4G (2011), Google Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4 (2012), Nexus 7 FHD, Nexus 5 (2013), LG G Watch (2014)
 
cshih2
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 34
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemw View Post
I do not believe you will have any problems with LTE on those networks.
The following is the difference between D820 and D821(what i have), so should i go with ATT or Tmobile? i will be staying in LA area.

North America (D820) Nexus 5 model:
GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
CDMA: Band Class: 0/1/10
WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/4/5/6/8/19
LTE: Bands: 1/2/4/5/17/19/25/26/41

Outside North America (D821) Nexus 5 model:
GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/4/5/6/8
LTE: Bands: 1/3/5/7/8/20
The Following User Says Thank You to cshih2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
lilotimz
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 119
Posts: 280
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sacramento
Quote:
Originally Posted by cshih2 View Post
The following is the difference between D820 and D821(what i have), so should i go with ATT or Tmobile? i will be staying in LA area.

North America (D820) Nexus 5 model:
GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
CDMA: Band Class: 0/1/10
WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/4/5/6/8/19
LTE: Bands: 1/2/4/5/17/19/25/26/41

Outside North America (D821) Nexus 5 model:
GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/4/5/6/8
LTE: Bands: 1/3/5/7/8/20
You will not get LTE from either ATT or Tmobile as the Tmobile uses Band 4 AWS for LTE while ATT mostly uses Band 17 700B+C, Band 2 PCS A-F, Band 4 AWS, and some Band 5 CL850.

WCDMA HSPA+ will be fine. T-mobile runs HSPA+21 while ATT runs HSPA+14.4. Both have a day to day prepaid service that you can use to test them out before you choose.
The Following User Says Thank You to lilotimz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
stevemw
Old
#5  
stevemw's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 353
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Falls Church
Sorry, I was wrong. Both AT&T and T-Mobile use Band 4 ( and AT&T has band 17) for LTE. I was mistakenly considering only the network frequencies, which was wrong when considering LTE. You won't get LTE on either carrier with the D821, and can only get DC-HSDPA with T-Mobile.

Sorry for the misinformation.
Qualcomm QPC-800 (1997), Motorola v60 (2003), hp iPaq 3600, 3800, 3970, hx4700 (2000-2006), Motorola RAZR (2005), Samsung X820 (2006), T-Mobile Dash [htc S620] (2007), Nokia E71x (2009), Nokia N900 (2010), Motorola Atrix 4G (2011), Google Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4 (2012), Nexus 7 FHD, Nexus 5 (2013), LG G Watch (2014)
 
cshih2
Old
#6  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 34
Join Date: Dec 2010
thanks alot all, so there are two options on tmobile for day to day pre pay, will the $3 option work on my international version N5 (D821)? i only see either 2g or 4g in Tmobile? no 3g in tmobile? i am kind of lost on this. (all i need is faster internet on my N5, whats the best option for me to choose?)
http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/p...ll-phone-plans
 
Beauenheim
Old
#7  
Beauenheim's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 81
Posts: 294
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Meridian, Idaho

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cshih2 View Post
thanks alot all, so there are two options on tmobile for day to day pre pay, will the $3 option work on my international version N5 (D821)? i only see either 2g or 4g in Tmobile? no 3g in tmobile? i am kind of lost on this. (all i need is faster internet on my N5, whats the best option for me to choose?)
http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/p...ll-phone-plans
T-Mobile's "4G" will include HSPA+ (Upgraded 3g).

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Choose from Over a Thousand Battery Styles with 3Minit Battery Mod

The battery style in stock Android looks pretty dull. It doesn’t … more

Organize Your Cloud Storage Files with Unclouded

Cloud storage services like Dropbox or Google Drive have grown in popularity dramatically … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Blur Your System Notification Panel – XDA Developer TV

Listen, we love innovative applications and modules that … more

Android 4.4.3 Begins Rolling Out to European HTC One M8

Shortly after the USA Unlocked and Developer Editions of the HTC One M8 received the … more