Console OS Brings Android to Your PC

more

Keep having data issues on my N5

OP kolyan

23rd June 2014, 11:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 181

2,551 posts
So I had this issue with 4.4.2,.3, and now .4 radios. Sometimes when I switch from WIFI to LTE or from No Signal to 5 bars of LTE, data does not reconnect and I either have to wait or reboot the phone. Its extremely annoying. I am on Stock ROM rooted with Franco Kernel and currently on 4.4.3 with 4.4.4 radio. Anyone know whats going on?
24th June 2014, 12:08 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 23,451

28,369 posts
are you undervolting?
24th June 2014, 12:32 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

2,551 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

are you undervolting?

Nope, I was and went back to stock voltage but it didn't fix anything
24th June 2014, 12:34 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

2,551 posts
Also, I do get 3-5 bars of LTE in status bar but when I try to accessing internet I get nothing, be it in Chrome or any another app
Last edited by kolyan; 24th June 2014 at 12:42 AM.
24th June 2014, 12:37 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!

28,369 posts
well, its a known issue on the n5. it doesnt affect me much, as i reconnect to lte very fast and immediately have data. but, every once in a while, itll show me that im connected, but data stops flowing. at that point i turn on airplane mode, let it disconnect, then reenable it. data always starts flowing immediately after that.
24th June 2014, 12:42 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

2,551 posts
Quote:

well, its a known issue on the n5. it doesnt affect me much, as i reconnect to lte very fast and immediately have data. but, every once in a while, itll show me that im connected, but data stops flowing. at that point i turn on airplane mode, let it disconnect, then reenable it. data always starts flowing immediately after that.

I see. Why wouldn't they fix it? We had 2 updates already and I actually got it even worse now
24th June 2014, 12:46 AM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!

28,369 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolyan

I see. Why wouldn't they fix it? We had 2 updates already and I actually got it even worse now

i dont know. maybe they are aware and are working on it. but really, for me personally, it really doesnt create an issue. i turn on and off my airplane mode once/twice every week or two.
24th June 2014, 01:04 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

2,551 posts
Quote:

i dont know. maybe they are aware and are working on it. but really, for me personally, it really doesnt create an issue. i turn on and off my airplane mode once/twice every week or two.

For me lately its more like once a day issue
24th June 2014, 01:07 AM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!

28,369 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolyan

For me lately its more like once a day issue

in feb or march, there was a few week period that it happened 3-4 times a day. thankfully it didnt go on. because of that, i assumed it was a tmobile issue, with them constantly upgrading their network in my area. but now i just dont know(lol).
25th June 2014, 03:43 AM   |  #10  
Flag Wichita KS
Thanks Meter: 307

2,171 posts
More
It could be a tower issue. I have also seen weird things where it tries to connect and when I look at the actual field test app it shows it is on say LTE but reports in Android as searching for signal. A quick test shows the APN may be at fault. I know it sounds weird but for me on Cricket if I delete the APN LTE goes away. I put it back and LTE magically appears.

Also when I had Sprint I noticed there was a weirdness in that you could have an APN for EHRPD EVDO as a bearer or LTE as a bearer but not both it seemed so it would flawlessly connect to LTE but not EHRPD or vice versa.

If you know the APN is right then it may be a tower issue. Some towers may not broadcast LTE near you but ones slightly further away do so the phone may not connect right away.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread