Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,580 Members 40,860 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Keep having data issues on my N5

Tip us?

kolyan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 172
Default Keep having data issues on my N5

So I had this issue with 4.4.2,.3, and now .4 radios. Sometimes when I switch from WIFI to LTE or from No Signal to 5 bars of LTE, data does not reconnect and I either have to wait or reboot the phone. Its extremely annoying. I am on Stock ROM rooted with Franco Kernel and currently on 4.4.3 with 4.4.4 radio. Anyone know whats going on?

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 20647
are you undervolting?
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!

kolyan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
are you undervolting?
Nope, I was and went back to stock voltage but it didn't fix anything

kolyan
Old
(Last edited by kolyan; 23rd June 2014 at 11:42 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 172
Also, I do get 3-5 bars of LTE in status bar but when I try to accessing internet I get nothing, be it in Chrome or any another app

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 20647
well, its a known issue on the n5. it doesnt affect me much, as i reconnect to lte very fast and immediately have data. but, every once in a while, itll show me that im connected, but data stops flowing. at that point i turn on airplane mode, let it disconnect, then reenable it. data always starts flowing immediately after that.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22

kolyan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 172
Quote:
well, its a known issue on the n5. it doesnt affect me much, as i reconnect to lte very fast and immediately have data. but, every once in a while, itll show me that im connected, but data stops flowing. at that point i turn on airplane mode, let it disconnect, then reenable it. data always starts flowing immediately after that.
I see. Why wouldn't they fix it? We had 2 updates already and I actually got it even worse now

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 20647
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolyan View Post
I see. Why wouldn't they fix it? We had 2 updates already and I actually got it even worse now
i dont know. maybe they are aware and are working on it. but really, for me personally, it really doesnt create an issue. i turn on and off my airplane mode once/twice every week or two.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22

kolyan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 172
Quote:
i dont know. maybe they are aware and are working on it. but really, for me personally, it really doesnt create an issue. i turn on and off my airplane mode once/twice every week or two.
For me lately its more like once a day issue

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 20647
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolyan View Post
For me lately its more like once a day issue
in feb or march, there was a few week period that it happened 3-4 times a day. thankfully it didnt go on. because of that, i assumed it was a tmobile issue, with them constantly upgrading their network in my area. but now i just dont know(lol).
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22

MrObvious
Old
Thanks Meter 259
It could be a tower issue. I have also seen weird things where it tries to connect and when I look at the actual field test app it shows it is on say LTE but reports in Android as searching for signal. A quick test shows the APN may be at fault. I know it sounds weird but for me on Cricket if I delete the APN LTE goes away. I put it back and LTE magically appears.

Also when I had Sprint I noticed there was a weirdness in that you could have an APN for EHRPD EVDO as a bearer or LTE as a bearer but not both it seemed so it would flawlessly connect to LTE but not EHRPD or vice versa.

If you know the APN is right then it may be a tower issue. Some towers may not broadcast LTE near you but ones slightly further away do so the phone may not connect right away.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app