Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more
Post Reply

Data Loss from Internal Storage

9th June 2014, 10:06 AM   |  #1  
goo.gle's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 10
 
126 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Hey guys,
Just like the title suggests, files from my Nexus 5 keeps vanishing randomly. It started off around two months ago, when the Cataclysm ROM zip, PA 4.* beta and PA GApps vanished from my phone, I thought I might have mistakenly deleted the files, so I didn't bother.
Then again, 2-3 weeks later, a few video files (anime) got deleted, I thought someone deleted them, I just downloaded them again.
Once again, it happened 3 weeks ago, again anime, maybe some others too, I just didn't notice maybe? Then last week, yet again, 170+ episodes got deleted, all from the same folder, there were a few left after that though, ~15 videos weren't gone. [I use the app Animania for downloading, just saying if this info is useful or sth]
I decided to wipe everything day before yesterday (I used TWRP- advanced wipe- selected all and wiped), and then flashed Mahdi 2.6 and GApps, Franco R53 yada yada, and downloaded another season of anime, and around 100 chapters of manga just to test, and yesterday I downloaded around 125 more chapters. Then yesterday around evening, I noticed that those episodes were gone again, then checked the manga chapter folders, only the last 70~ chapters have the files left in them, rest of the chapters are just empty folders now, with no images. The videos are gone, too, like I said.
This shouldn't be happening, should it? Indeed, I download too many stuff, I don't see why this is happening nevertheless.
So any idea, what might be causing this data loss? Any solutions? Ask me any questions related to this, I'll answer ASAP. I'm counting on you guys
Nexus 5, 16 GB, Mahdi 2.6 with Franco R53 right now, TWRP 2.7.1.0, if it helps.

Thanks in advance
9th June 2014, 10:39 AM   |  #2  
Enri1196's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
87 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
i had the same problem by using ART on a non AOSP based rom, i was using cyanogenmod are you using ART?? by the way now i'm with PA which is AOSP, and Mahdi is CM based
9th June 2014, 10:48 AM   |  #3  
goo.gle's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 10
 
126 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enri1196

i had the same problem by using ART on a non AOSP based rom, i was using cyanogenmod are you using ART?? by the way now i'm with PA which is AOSP, and Mahdi is CM based

I only used ART for like 2-3 days since I bought the phone, I just stay with Dalvik and don't bother to change it most of the time
And I've spent most of my time on one of the Madhi builds, and with Franco Kernel 90% of the time (I have switched a few times in between, in the last 3-4 weeks though I've only been on Franco, updating it every now and then, within one day after it comes)
9th June 2014, 11:02 AM   |  #4  
Enri1196's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
87 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by goo.gle

I only used ART for like 2-3 days since I bought the phone, I just stay with Dalvik and don't bother to change it most of the time
And I've spent most of my time on one of the Madhi builds, and with Franco Kernel 90% of the time (I have switched a few times in between, in the last 3-4 weeks though I've only been on Franco, updating it every now and then, within one day after it comes)

Try to stay a few days with stock kernel, or the one that comes with your ROM (Mahdi). Flash Mahdi's stock kernel and report back in few days even if there weren't data losses. I'm pretty sure mahdi is CM based and franco.kernel works only with AOSP based rom.
9th June 2014, 11:34 AM   |  #5  
goo.gle's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 10
 
126 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enri1196

Try to stay a few days with stock kernel, or the one that comes with your ROM (Mahdi). Flash Mahdi's stock kernel and report back in few days even if there weren't data losses. I'm pretty sure mahdi is CM based and franco.kernel works only with AOSP based rom.

Mahdi is AOSP based, I just verified it myself
10th June 2014, 12:45 PM   |  #6  
goo.gle's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 10
 
126 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Bump?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank