Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,045 Members 38,594 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Data Loss from Internal Storage

Tip us?

goo.gle
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Exclamation Data Loss from Internal Storage

Hey guys,
Just like the title suggests, files from my Nexus 5 keeps vanishing randomly. It started off around two months ago, when the Cataclysm ROM zip, PA 4.* beta and PA GApps vanished from my phone, I thought I might have mistakenly deleted the files, so I didn't bother.
Then again, 2-3 weeks later, a few video files (anime) got deleted, I thought someone deleted them, I just downloaded them again.
Once again, it happened 3 weeks ago, again anime, maybe some others too, I just didn't notice maybe? Then last week, yet again, 170+ episodes got deleted, all from the same folder, there were a few left after that though, ~15 videos weren't gone. [I use the app Animania for downloading, just saying if this info is useful or sth]
I decided to wipe everything day before yesterday (I used TWRP- advanced wipe- selected all and wiped), and then flashed Mahdi 2.6 and GApps, Franco R53 yada yada, and downloaded another season of anime, and around 100 chapters of manga just to test, and yesterday I downloaded around 125 more chapters. Then yesterday around evening, I noticed that those episodes were gone again, then checked the manga chapter folders, only the last 70~ chapters have the files left in them, rest of the chapters are just empty folders now, with no images. The videos are gone, too, like I said.
This shouldn't be happening, should it? Indeed, I download too many stuff, I don't see why this is happening nevertheless.
So any idea, what might be causing this data loss? Any solutions? Ask me any questions related to this, I'll answer ASAP. I'm counting on you guys
Nexus 5, 16 GB, Mahdi 2.6 with Franco R53 right now, TWRP 2.7.1.0, if it helps.

Thanks in advance

NEXUS 5: Mahdi 2.6 | Franco R53
HTC Explorer: CM11 Weekly 1 | Stock kernel

Enri1196
Old
Thanks Meter 19
i had the same problem by using ART on a non AOSP based rom, i was using cyanogenmod are you using ART?? by the way now i'm with PA which is AOSP, and Mahdi is CM based

Nexus 5!!! 32GB
ROM: Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 4
Kernel: Stock

Last device:
Xperia Play

goo.gle
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enri1196 View Post
i had the same problem by using ART on a non AOSP based rom, i was using cyanogenmod are you using ART?? by the way now i'm with PA which is AOSP, and Mahdi is CM based
I only used ART for like 2-3 days since I bought the phone, I just stay with Dalvik and don't bother to change it most of the time
And I've spent most of my time on one of the Madhi builds, and with Franco Kernel 90% of the time (I have switched a few times in between, in the last 3-4 weeks though I've only been on Franco, updating it every now and then, within one day after it comes)

Enri1196
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by goo.gle View Post
I only used ART for like 2-3 days since I bought the phone, I just stay with Dalvik and don't bother to change it most of the time
And I've spent most of my time on one of the Madhi builds, and with Franco Kernel 90% of the time (I have switched a few times in between, in the last 3-4 weeks though I've only been on Franco, updating it every now and then, within one day after it comes)
Try to stay a few days with stock kernel, or the one that comes with your ROM (Mahdi). Flash Mahdi's stock kernel and report back in few days even if there weren't data losses. I'm pretty sure mahdi is CM based and franco.kernel works only with AOSP based rom.

Nexus 5!!! 32GB
ROM: Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 4
Kernel: Stock

Last device:
Xperia Play

goo.gle
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enri1196 View Post
Try to stay a few days with stock kernel, or the one that comes with your ROM (Mahdi). Flash Mahdi's stock kernel and report back in few days even if there weren't data losses. I'm pretty sure mahdi is CM based and franco.kernel works only with AOSP based rom.
Mahdi is AOSP based, I just verified it myself

goo.gle
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Bump?