Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,868 Members 42,542 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Data Randomly dropping but signal fine

Tip us?

Reoryn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Data Randomly dropping but signal fine

This is driving me nuts so if anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears

My Nexus 5 keeps dropping data. The Signal bar will still display full with H, but nothing will connect. If I'm running a ping it'll just stop and then eventually kick back in with 10000ms or something - Anything else i'm trying to do just plain won't connect. Could understand if I was losing signal but I don't seem to be.

Haven't had a chance to try the sim in my old phone yet to find out whether it's the network or the phone - was just wondering if anyone had experienced anything similar? :S

Ta.

dwreck420
Old
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reoryn View Post
This is driving me nuts so if anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears

My Nexus 5 keeps dropping data. The Signal bar will still display full with H, but nothing will connect. If I'm running a ping it'll just stop and then eventually kick back in with 10000ms or something - Anything else i'm trying to do just plain won't connect. Could understand if I was losing signal but I don't seem to be.

Haven't had a chance to try the sim in my old phone yet to find out whether it's the network or the phone - was just wondering if anyone had experienced anything similar? :S

Ta.
happening to me with sprint 3g on the unofficial cm 10.2. have to toggle airplane mode, not sure if its a CM thing or a sprint thing since i literally flashed CM the next day i got it lol

dwreck420
Old
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
Default still happens

a few cm11 updates and almost a month later its still happening

Johnny Broccoli
Old
(Last edited by Johnny Broccoli; 29th March 2014 at 10:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
I just started experiencing this same thing in the last week. Real frustrating part of it (beyond the obvious) is that there is no way to tell this is happening unless you are actively using the network at the moment the signal is lost. So if the phone is in your pocket and not being used, you'll really have no way of knowing whether you are missing important phone calls/text messages simply by looking at the display of the phone. Each time I only notice when I am trying to load a web page and it says I'm not connected to the internet (even though it shows that I have a strong LTE connection). Talked to both Google and T-Mobile about this and both basically pointed their fingers at the other. I'm pretty convinced that the problem is on Google's/LG's end though.

Getting my third RMA in the mail next week. Will likely take them up on their refund offer if this continues. Believe it or not, the intermittent loss of data isn't even the reason I set up the initial RMA (or the reason I sent back the first two RMA's I received).

okmijnlp
Old
Thanks Meter 342

DONATE TO ME
I have this on both Three and GiffGaff in the UK. I also had this problem on my old Galaxy S2, so maybe it's an android problem?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Aerowinder
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmijnlp View Post
I have this on both Three and GiffGaff in the UK. I also had this problem on my old Galaxy S2, so maybe it's an android problem?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/03...-to-see-fixed/

Fix for frequent data connection dropouts.

Google Firmware: Google
USB Drivers: Google | Mirror
ADB+ADB Drivers: 19.0.2 (4.4.4) + Koush Universal ADB Drivers

TWRP Official: hammerhead | flo
TWRP Holofied: hammerhead | flo

Gapps: BaNkS

Superuser: Chainfire | Mirror