FORUMS

Samsung Galaxy Alpha (SM-G850) Gets Android 5.0

An Android 5.0 Lollipop update is finally available to download for the Samsung Galaxy … more

Do You Use 4:3 or 16:9 in the Camera App?

Every person has their own method of taking the best photos on their devices, but which aspect … more

LG G4 XDA Forum Opened

LG’s latest & greatest is just a few hours away from launching, and with so many power users that are … more

Android Wear Close to Running on Samsung Gear 2

Android is an OS that can sometimes be ported to run on devices not designed to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Backing up data

18th February 2014, 09:04 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
i want to backup everything on the storage of my nexus 5 to my macbook this includes pictures videos music etc... how do i go about doing that because i find android file transfer pretty **** and it doesn't work half the time always cuts out and you can only transfer like a maximum of 4gb and i need to transfer 22 any solutions?
 
 
18th February 2014, 09:48 PM |#2  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 16,998
 
More
Can you set your mac up as an ftp server or connect to it as a network drive?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
18th February 2014, 09:52 PM |#3  
gee2012's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,479
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystertom101

i want to backup everything on the storage of my nexus 5 to my macbook this includes pictures videos music etc... how do i go about doing that because i find android file transfer pretty **** and it doesn't work half the time always cuts out and you can only transfer like a maximum of 4gb and i need to transfer 22 any solutions?

Try adb: in cmd type: adb backup -apk -all -noshared -system or adb pull sdcard /sdcard/
Last edited by gee2012; 18th February 2014 at 09:57 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2014, 10:06 PM |#4  
jsgraphicart's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,613
 
More
FTP all the way
18th February 2014, 10:32 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

Can you set your mac up as an ftp server or connect to it as a network drive?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

i wouldn't have a clue how to do that but thanks
18th February 2014, 10:33 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

Try adb: in cmd type: adb backup -apk -all -noshared -system or adb pull sdcard /sdcard/

used adb like twice in my life and that was on windows i don't know how to access either a terminal or command prompt type thing on mac lool I'm a noob sorry
19th February 2014, 11:29 AM |#7  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 16,998
 
More
Mac has an app called "terminal" doesn't it?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
19th February 2014, 12:40 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

Mac has an app called "terminal" doesn't it?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

yeah i just noticed i never ever went in to the 'other' folder which is where terminal is located lol don't really know how to use it though but ill figure it out
19th February 2014, 12:46 PM |#9  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 16,998
 
More
The first thing to do will be to google "android sdk for Mac"

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2014, 12:51 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

Try adb: in cmd type: adb backup -apk -all -noshared -system or adb pull sdcard /sdcard/

that didn't work
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank