FORUMS

Moto X Style, Moto X Play and Moto G Forums Are Here!

The latest family members of the new generation of Motorola devices are … more

Galaxy Unpacked: What is Samsung Going to Unveil?

Amidst all the hype of the OnePlus 2 and the rain of Moto 2015 news, Samsung tried … more

Arrow Launcher: Good Effort Without Direction

Microsoft’s Android expansion has been well received on the productivity front, but … more

Two New Moto X and New Moto G – Specs & Details

Today’s Moto event just ended and now we have a clear look at all of … more

date & time settings opens during a call

199 posts
Thanks Meter: 8
 
By tizaktizak, Senior Member on 29th January 2014, 02:30 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
am i the only one that ends a call with the "date and time settings" screen open?

apparently, the notification's screen opens during the call (with my cheek or somehow) and the clock on the top left side get touched which opens the "date and time settings" screen...very annoying !
 
 
29th January 2014, 02:39 PM |#2  
Member
Flag Turin
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tizaktizak

am i the only one that ends a call with the "date and time settings" screen open?

apparently, the notification's screen opens during the call (with my cheek or somehow) and the clock on the top left side get touched which opens the "date and time settings" screen...very annoying !

No, you're not the only one!!

I use a flip cover and i close it during a call, i think the proximity sensor is so sensible..
Anyway, are you rooted or stock? Because with the stock rom appened too much, with custom rom a little bit less..
3rd February 2014, 10:32 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
I'm using the stock rom...not rooted. Is there some kind of a fix but changing rom?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
3rd February 2014, 12:01 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 50
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tizaktizak

I'm using the stock rom...not rooted. Is there some kind of a fix but changing rom?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

If you are having this problem and youre not rooted you can simply press the power button once you accept the call. You wouldnt face the problem then.
3rd February 2014, 12:18 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by starbriganza

If you are having this problem and youre not rooted you can simply press the power button once you accept the call. You wouldnt face the problem then.

i believe that a smart phone should be smart on its own ...i'm not supposed to help it be smart

it has a sensor that should work properly.

and if i had root?
3rd February 2014, 01:57 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 50
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tizaktizak

i believe that a smart phone should be smart on its own ...i'm not supposed to help it be smart

it has a sensor that should work properly.

and if i had root?

You had a problem. I gave you a simple solution. Its upto you to do what you want. If you had root you could recalibrate your sensor.
6th February 2014, 10:14 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by starbriganza

You had a problem. I gave you a simple solution. Its upto you to do what you want. If you had root you could recalibrate your sensor.

don't get me wrong, i really appreciate your help
8th February 2014, 02:26 PM |#8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by starbriganza

You had a problem. I gave you a simple solution. Its upto you to do what you want. If you had root you could recalibrate your sensor.

I also have the same issue. Rooted using cm 11. How does one recalibrate the sensor?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
20th February 2014, 06:47 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Any solution for this problem?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
2nd April 2014, 04:04 AM |#10  
raviraaj's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Bump
Bump! Same problem here
31st July 2014, 01:30 AM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Date & time opens after call FIX
I'm using HTC Desire HD with samsung rom, and this issue happened to me as well. However, I've managed to find rom options under settings and there I've put automatic sleep whenever I turn off the screen instead of 5 seconds on default. Also I've found that pressing the small clock in the upper left/right corner opens date and time and I disabled that option... since then I've had no problems with my phone... I hope this helps

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes