No registration required

[Q] Dead screen + not recognized by pc

OP cuem

3rd September 2014, 11:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

21 posts
Hi XDA!

I dropped my Nexus 5 from a height < 3 feets, it got a little scratch on the corner, however the screen has stopped functionning. I tried restarting the device but it still keep displaying black and white vertical lines. The good news is that Google will swap my device free of charge, the bad news is, I am unable to backup the data from my Nexus. Unfortunately, I have no backup of my photos and videos from wedding and vacation

Things I know/have tried:

Debugging mode is on, my Nexus was detected by my computer with no problem prior to the ''accident/drop''
I am no longer able to browse the internal storage, when I plug my Nexus 5 in my computer's usb port, it detects a media device(Nexus 5), but when I double click on it, it doesn't display internal storage.
ADB device -l, does not list anything

Any other ways to back up my data?

Thank you,
Last edited by cuem; 3rd September 2014 at 11:34 PM.
4th September 2014, 12:10 AM   |  #2  
Flag Semarang
Thanks Meter: 262

409 posts
Donate to Me
More
@cuem small question here, do you turn on your G+ Photos auto backup?
Last edited by xnormskix; 4th September 2014 at 12:33 AM.
4th September 2014, 01:32 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnormskix

@cuem small question here, do you turn on your G+ Photos auto backup?

I did not , I wasn't even aware of that option. I also turned off dropbox auto-sync because it annoyed me to have my pictures synced between my computer and 2 laptops. Now... I regret it
4th September 2014, 02:06 AM   |  #4  
Flag Semarang
Thanks Meter: 262

409 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuem

I did not , I wasn't even aware of that option. I also turned off dropbox auto-sync because it annoyed me to have my pictures synced between my computer and 2 laptops. Now... I regret it

I'm not sure but maybe these links can give you some enlightenment regarding adb and usb driver:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2588979
http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...naked-t2513339
http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...ndows-t2514396

Good luck!
5th September 2014, 05:54 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

21 posts
I re-installed ADB using your link, but I don't think that's the issue. I read somewhere that the screen need to be unlocked for the computer to be able to browse the files from the internal memory. There are some weird behavior with my broken Nexus, I can't receive any calls, but the alarm rang off this morning and my LED flashed, it means I received a kind of notice or something.

I also read somewhere that it was possible to flash your device and in the process remove the unlock code lock, however if I do that, wouldn't I void my Nexus 5 warranty?

Thank you,

PS*. I don't know how I could flash, computer does not detect my Nexus and I can't have access to my screen since it displays black/white stripes + it is not being responsive to touch input( seems dead)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread