[Q] Default input method resetting

Tip us?

tallymatty
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Default input method resetting

Hi guys,

I am having an issue on my Nexus 5 (4.4.2, stock, root, xposed) that I can't seem to figure out. My issue is regarding the default input method. For some reason, each time I set my default keyboard to anything other than the Google keyboard, it resets back to the GKB after an unspecified amount of time. I have tried using SwiftKey, Swype, and Fleksy. Each keyboard experiences the same issue.

I don't want to use the Google keyboard, or have to choose a new keyboard almost every time I go to type something.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is there an easy fix or workaround?

Thanks for your help.

PhilipTD
Old
(Last edited by PhilipTD; 23rd December 2013 at 08:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallymatty View Post
Hi guys,

I am having an issue on my Nexus 5 (4.4.2, stock, root, xposed) that I can't seem to figure out. My issue is regarding the default input method. For some reason, each time I set my default keyboard to anything other than the Google keyboard, it resets back to the GKB after an unspecified amount of time. I have tried using SwiftKey, Swype, and Fleksy. Each keyboard experiences the same issue.

I don't want to use the Google keyboard, or have to choose a new keyboard almost every time I go to type something.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is there an easy fix or workaround?

Thanks for your help.
I freeze all of the imput methods except the one I use. That way, I never have to choose the default imput method because only one is available to the system. And if SwiftKey wonks, I just have to defrost the stock keyboard until I fix it. And no imput method icon in the status bar either.

Sent from my Nexus 7

NEXUS 5 D820 STOCK KK442 FK47 DALVIK XPOSED TWRP2734

Djapatos
Old
Thanks Meter 60
This happens to me each time i update SwiftKey..
I dont think its a bug.. Idk

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

xBeerdroiDx
Old
Thanks Meter 1348
if you can locate and grab the swiftkey apk, download and install it. installing it that route, vs using the play store to install it, will place the app in the system location that is read and initialized on boot up.

The All-In-One Guides for the Nexus 5, Galaxy S4 - I337 and Galaxy S3 - I747

tallymatty
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I used Titanium Backup to convert the play store installation of the app to a system app. Google Keyboard still got set as the default input method after an unknown event.

PhilipTD
Old
Thanks Meter 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallymatty View Post
I used Titanium Backup to convert the play store installation of the app to a system app. Google Keyboard still got set as the default input method after an unknown event.
It will never be set as default (or even be a choice) if you freeze it. See my edited post, above.

Sent from my Nexus 5

NEXUS 5 D820 STOCK KK442 FK47 DALVIK XPOSED TWRP2734