[Q] Defective Replacement Screen

OP akenis

5th June 2014, 04:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25

493 posts
Looking for opinions.

Ordered my 5 on day one. It had a stuck pixel and a little bleed. Probably should have RMA, but wanted to wait a bit. As luck would have it I cracked the screen before I got around to it. So I replaced it myself with this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

After 2 months use, the screen has rapidly deteriorated. I can even notice the defects in TWRP and on the boot screen. Doesn't TWRP kind of load it's own kernel? That kind of rules out any kind of software problems. Any suggestions for where to get a more reliable screen replacement? I sent the following to the seller:

Hi,

I carefully read the reviews on this product. Some claimed that the screen may not be OEM equipment and was not as pictured in the display. It seemed like a risk, but I needed a screen.

I have replaced many screens several of my devices and my children's devices. The swap was effortless. When I booted my phone with the new screen, it appeared to be a major success again. There were no dead or stuck pixels and minimal back light bleed around the edges. The only noticeable issue was a very bright area around the soft keys. Particularly on white pages.

The screen was installed in early April, and recently I have noticed it become gradually duller with an increase of bleed around the edges. Then yesterday, things got much worse very quickly. I noticed greenish bleed/band around all edges. The bright white around the soft keys is brighter. There is a 1/8 inch band around the top of the screen that is very dark. It is not very bright and the colors are dull. From previous experiences, I know that these are signs that it will only get worse.

One of the reviews talked about a similar situation: Looked great at first, and deteriorated after a month or so.

I would like to request a replacement screen for my Nexus 5.

Thank you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bleed, pixel, screen
Previous Thread Next Thread