Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,752 Members 39,668 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Delayed data connection (of sort) on AT&T LTE

Tip us?

kiyo21
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Delayed data connection (of sort) on AT&T LTE

So for the past week, I've been experiencing this oddball issue with LTE connectivity on my Nexus 5 on AT&T. For some reason, my data connection isn't immediate, but delay of sorts. IE when I do a google search or open up a website on chrome, there's about a 10 seconds delay after you start the search or entering in the url before you get your results/webpage. I don't think its due to a slow connection because this occurs when I have full bars for signal strength. Normally search or chrome is immediate when the LTE wasn't acting up or on wi-fi. Plus once it connects, its full speed as normal. It's as if the phone is waiting for something, times out after 10 seconds or so, than starts pulling in the data from the network. Also, the LTE signal never drops. According to the status bar, the LTE and network connection is always there the entire time.

Has this happen to anyone else? Let me know if any clarification is needed? It's a little confusing and I'm not sure what's actually going on. Not sure if its the phone or the network?

chuckboris
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Exact same problem here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiyo21 View Post
So for the past week, I've been experiencing this oddball issue with LTE connectivity on my Nexus 5 on AT&T. For some reason, my data connection isn't immediate, but delay of sorts. IE when I do a google search or open up a website on chrome, there's about a 10 seconds delay after you start the search or entering in the url before you get your results/webpage. I don't think its due to a slow connection because this occurs when I have full bars for signal strength. Normally search or chrome is immediate when the LTE wasn't acting up or on wi-fi. Plus once it connects, its full speed as normal. It's as if the phone is waiting for something, times out after 10 seconds or so, than starts pulling in the data from the network. Also, the LTE signal never drops. According to the status bar, the LTE and network connection is always there the entire time.

Has this happen to anyone else? Let me know if any clarification is needed? It's a little confusing and I'm not sure what's actually going on. Not sure if its the phone or the network?

l Frosty l
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckboris View Post
Exact same problem here
Same here. However my phone refuses to switch from LTE to HSPA+ when i need to makes calls or receive them. LTE data also is slow compared to my Note 3.