Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Device not found with ADB (SOLVED)

436 posts
Thanks Meter: 45
By masantula, Senior Member on 26th August 2014, 10:17 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, This is the first time i am having this problem, i previously had a CM 11S ROM and wanted to change and try liquid smooth ROM, so i went into recovery and did a clean wipe and cleared all data then i went into ADB sideload to sideload the rom and flash it and it says error: device not found.

When i go into bootloader and do fastboot devices, i can see my device so i thought it must be an error with my recovery and i flashed the new TWRP recovery v2.7.1.1 and again did fastboot in bootloader and device is seen but when i get into recovery and try to sideload i get the same message of error device not found.

What could be the issue here?

If i had example ADB off in the ROM, is there a way of turning it back on? I've already clean wiped everything so i had no ROM installed, any other way of turning it on, think maybe that could be the issue?

Thanks in advance.

So i updated my SDK and i download Stock Image from Google and flashed it via fastboot and the phone booted, i turned on adb and went back into recovery and i was able to sideload the custom ROM i wanted, so either the problem was with my SDK or because maybe ADB wasn't ticked in my old ROM, but problem is solved.

26th August 2014, 01:11 PM |#3  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 5,928
Donate to Me
Try to kill and relaunch adb server.
Did u update the SDK? Check your path for adb.exe.
26th August 2014, 01:11 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 45
Originally Posted by Shiestie

Could be a driver issue?

I've always used the same laptop and USB port

Haven't updated my SDK and i even restarted my laptop

Lemme try updating my SDK and try again
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread