[Q] Device Administrator Password

OP jjhayyap

24th August 2014, 01:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hello XDA community,

Im pretty new with this, ive been using my Nexus 5 since January, everything is fine until today, I installed a lockscreen app called AcDisplay, i cant seem to activate it, its asking me to allow it under Device Administrators (Settings> Security) but when it try im being asked to enter a pin code, I dont know if I set a pin code or if I did i cant seem to remember. I tried my lockscreen pincode but its not accepting it. Is there a way to reset the pin? I never had issues with this before, I got an Airdroid app and I can activate it before under the same settings but now Android Device Manager is the only app allowed. Please help me. Im running a customer ROM called Paranoid Saber Droid. Thanks in advance!
24th August 2014, 11:37 PM   |  #2  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 6

72 posts
More
I never had trouble giving administrator access to apps on stock rooted with unlocked boot loader so its probably a problem with the ROM, try contacting paranoid saber droid developers and see if any other people have the same problem
25th August 2014, 05:28 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazen Amr

I never had trouble giving administrator access to apps on stock rooted with unlocked boot loader so its probably a problem with the ROM, try contacting paranoid saber droid developers and see if any other people have the same problem

Thanks! im also thinking its the ROM, i have tried almost all the famouse ROM here in XDA and this is the first time i had trouble with device administrator. I tried to reset everything to factory i was able to turn on device admin for some apps but after few hours its asking for password again. will contact them.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread