Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,836 Members 41,581 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Device Administrator Password

Tip us?

jjhayyap
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Plug [Q] Device Administrator Password

Hello XDA community,

Im pretty new with this, ive been using my Nexus 5 since January, everything is fine until today, I installed a lockscreen app called AcDisplay, i cant seem to activate it, its asking me to allow it under Device Administrators (Settings> Security) but when it try im being asked to enter a pin code, I dont know if I set a pin code or if I did i cant seem to remember. I tried my lockscreen pincode but its not accepting it. Is there a way to reset the pin? I never had issues with this before, I got an Airdroid app and I can activate it before under the same settings but now Android Device Manager is the only app allowed. Please help me. Im running a customer ROM called Paranoid Saber Droid. Thanks in advance!

Mazen Amr
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I never had trouble giving administrator access to apps on stock rooted with unlocked boot loader so its probably a problem with the ROM, try contacting paranoid saber droid developers and see if any other people have the same problem

jjhayyap
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazen Amr View Post
I never had trouble giving administrator access to apps on stock rooted with unlocked boot loader so its probably a problem with the ROM, try contacting paranoid saber droid developers and see if any other people have the same problem
Thanks! im also thinking its the ROM, i have tried almost all the famouse ROM here in XDA and this is the first time i had trouble with device administrator. I tried to reset everything to factory i was able to turn on device admin for some apps but after few hours its asking for password again. will contact them.