5,596,784 Members 48,357 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Device not being detected in recovery mode?

Tip us?

Seetri
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Device not being detected in recovery mode?

I'm trying to install the 4.4.1 update but my device isn't being detected in recovery mode and thus adb sideload is not working. Would really appreciate some help. I've tried almost every solution that I've googled and nothing seems to be working.

jkimbro
Old
Thanks Meter 21
I had a similar issue. Found the naked drivers and they seemed to work after uninstalling the other drivers and rebooting my PC.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

jt3
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkimbro View Post
I had a similar issue. Found the naked drivers and they seemed to work after uninstalling the other drivers and rebooting my PC.
Any chance you could post those drivers? Mine works fine, but it would certainly help others if you could post them, or at least post a link to where you found them.

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2640
You just need the Google drivers from their website:

http://developer.android.com/sdk/win-usb.html
Google Nexus 5 (LG-D821) 32GB
ROM: Android 4.4.2 (KOT49H) | Bootloader: HHZ11d | Recovery: Stock | Baseband: M8974A-1.0.25.0.23 | Kernel: Stock

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to EddyOS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

greenkabbage
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I had to force the installation of the drivers for the "AOSP on Hammerhead" device in the device manager.
I couldn't even get the device to show until I pressed VolUp in recovery and selected the ADB option in the recovery.

I used USB ADB Composite Interface or something like that by pointing the device manager's Update Driver dialog to the USB drivers from the SDK that EddyOS pointed at.

Windows 7 x64

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2640
Yep, had issues with my work PC (Win 7 Pro x64) - had to manually point Device Manager to the android_winusb.inf so it would find the drivers. Bit of a ballache but all working after that!
Google Nexus 5 (LG-D821) 32GB
ROM: Android 4.4.2 (KOT49H) | Bootloader: HHZ11d | Recovery: Stock | Baseband: M8974A-1.0.25.0.23 | Kernel: Stock

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!!

beekay201
Old
Thanks Meter 1096
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenkabbage View Post
I couldn't even get the device to show until I pressed VolUp in recovery and selected the ADB option in the recovery.
ADB isn't enabled on stock recovery, and sideload is not the same thing. From Google's POV, ADB access on recovery would be a heavy security risk, since you can still access recovery even with your bootloader locked. That's why they created sideloading.

a hammerhead wrote this.
hammerhead/Omni-KOT49H/stock#3.4.0/M8974A-1.0.25.0.23
maguro/aosp-KRT16O/custom#3.0.101/XXLJ1
manta/stock-KRT16S/custom#3.4.39
tf201/cm10-NIGHTLY#20120820/stock#2.6.39.4
XDA forum rules here
bug report? logcat and /proc/kmsg, or it "never happened".
How TO Ask questions on the Internet
aosp-maguro READFIRST here (credit: efrant)
aosp-gnex READSECOND here (credit: efrant)

jt3
Old
(Last edited by jt3; 6th December 2013 at 04:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by beekay201 View Post
ADB isn't enabled on stock recovery, and sideload is not the same thing. From Google's POV, ADB access on recovery would be a heavy security risk, since you can still access recovery even with your bootloader locked. That's why they created sideloading.
ADB Server may not be enabled, but ADB obviously is, otherwise you wouldn't be able to connect in order to Sideload, which you can certainly do with stock recovery (even with a locked bootloader). Also, if ADB wasn't available on the device, it wouldn't show up with the "ADB Devices" command.

Now, maybe you mean it's not available once you boot into recovery until you select "apply update from ADB." That may be true (not sure), but that's not what I got from your statement.

jkimbro
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt3 View Post
Any chance you could post those drivers? Mine works fine, but it would certainly help others if you could post them, or at least post a link to where you found them.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2513339
The Following User Says Thank You to jkimbro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

beekay201
Old
Thanks Meter 1096
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt3 View Post
ADB Server may not be enabled, but ADB obviously is, otherwise you wouldn't be able to connect in order to Sideload, which you can certainly do with stock recovery (even with a locked bootloader). Also, if ADB wasn't available on the device, it wouldn't show up with the "ADB Devices" command.

Now, maybe you mean it's not available once you boot into recovery until you select "apply update from ADB." That may be true (not sure), but that's not what I got from your statement.
Try it. Select "apply update from ADB", and then try to get a ADB prompt like you would normally, you know, ls /sdcard/, something.
hammerhead/Omni-KOT49H/stock#3.4.0/M8974A-1.0.25.0.23
maguro/aosp-KRT16O/custom#3.0.101/XXLJ1
manta/stock-KRT16S/custom#3.4.39
tf201/cm10-NIGHTLY#20120820/stock#2.6.39.4
XDA forum rules here
bug report? logcat and /proc/kmsg, or it "never happened".
How TO Ask questions on the Internet
aosp-maguro READFIRST here (credit: efrant)
aosp-gnex READSECOND here (credit: efrant)