Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,116 Members 46,697 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] device wake issues

Tip us?

NuckFuggets
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Question [Q] device wake issues

hey everyone, so my nexus 5 has horrible standby time suddenly, within 30 minutes of screen on time the battery was down to 80%. I left it a little while longer and at 1.5 hours I'm down to 55%. I took a look at the graph and I noticed a lot of device wakes, and idk why they are there. what apps could be doing this? following screen, I have the other apps on the battery list shown, screen is at 26%, and the last one is 3% which is Wi-Fi. any help would be great!

p.s. please excuse my amateur use of snapchat to draw arrows :P
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-19-02-14-46.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	2751615   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-19-02-10-48.png
Views:	32
Size:	179.8 KB
ID:	2751616  

madgibbon
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckFuggets View Post
hey everyone, so my nexus 5 has horrible standby time suddenly, within 30 minutes of screen on time the battery was down to 80%. I left it a little while longer and at 1.5 hours I'm down to 55%. I took a look at the graph and I noticed a lot of device wakes, and idk why they are there. what apps could be doing this? following screen, I have the other apps on the battery list shown, screen is at 26%, and the last one is 3% which is Wi-Fi. any help would be great!

p.s. please excuse my amateur use of snapchat to draw arrows :P
Have you tried using BetterBatteryStats or similar to identify which apps are preventing you device from sleeping?