Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,296 Members 53,137 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] cannot dial all emergency numbers in Israel

Tip us?

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10079
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch04 View Post
so any idea what can I do?
It may help to know what country you are in... and perhaps put it in the thread title to get a better response. Could I suggest your title is changed to something like "cannot dial all emergency numbers in <country>"?
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

petch04
Old
(Last edited by petch04; 1st May 2014 at 05:16 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
It may help to know what country you are in... and perhaps put it in the thread title to get a better response. Could I suggest your title is changed to something like "cannot dial all emergency numbers in <country>"?
Edited
The Following User Says Thank You to petch04 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

j'vai
Old
(Last edited by j'vai; 1st May 2014 at 11:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch04 View Post
Hello. Where I live we have a different number for every emergency case, one number for the police, one for an ambulance and another one for the fire department but every time I try to call to an ambulance, my NEXUS 5 gets to the police meaning it calls 911. how do i change it from 911 to another number? (in the dialer i dial the right number but it still doesnt work) even though I dial 101 (ambulance) it calls 911 I need to change the emergency number default from 911
Device Information: Nexus 5 D821 32GB
a shot in the dark (but i'm about to test it test week while in mexico with location services set to HIGH)

do you, have location / & location reporting services turned ON?

i know, it may sound like it has NOTHING to do with emergency calling, but, think on it,

how tight google has been working to make kitkat so uniformed with google now services, look up via the phone dialer, etc..

it's almost a mystery what features *location* actually have & how deep they burrow -

http://http://forums.androidcentral....fferences.html

i mean it's a shot in the dark, if your in a country other than the US (with a phone marketed by an US company) just maybe, those defaults in the phone dialer may change, with location / location reporting..

~shrugz shoulderz~

i could be right, or dead wrong..

what does it hurt.. to *try* ..

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

"..(in the dialer i dial the right number but it still doesnt work) even though I dial 101 (ambulance) it calls 911 I need to change the emergency number default from 911
Device Information: Nexus 5 D821 32GB.."

what i'd really be shocked at, is if the 911 emergency dialing is (shockingly) hard coded into the google dialer, EVEN THOUGH that nexus 5 is markerted to *the rest of the world* (Device Information: Nexus 5 D821), ither it's a terrible over-sight, or it's not hard coded at all.. (i hope not)..

it shouldn't be, that's i suspect the missing piece would be location / location services, to right what's wrong..

petch04
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by j'vai View Post
a shot in the dark (but i'm about to test it test week while in mexico with location services set to HIGH)

do you, have location / & location reporting services turned ON?

i know, it may sound like it has NOTHING to do with emergency calling, but, think on it,

how tight google has been working to make kitkat so uniformed with google now services, look up via the phone dialer, etc..

it's almost a mystery what features *location* actually have & how deep they burrow -

http://http://forums.androidcentral....fferences.html

i mean it's a shot in the dark, if your in a country other than the US (with a phone marketed by an US company) just maybe, those defaults in the phone dialer may change, with location / location reporting..

~shrugz shoulderz~

i could be right, or dead wrong..

what does it hurt.. to *try* ..

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

"..(in the dialer i dial the right number but it still doesnt work) even though I dial 101 (ambulance) it calls 911 I need to change the emergency number default from 911
Device Information: Nexus 5 D821 32GB.."

what i'd really be shocked at, is if the 911 emergency dialing is (shockingly) hard coded into the google dialer, EVEN THOUGH that nexus 5 is markerted to *the rest of the world* (Device Information: Nexus 5 D821), ither it's a terrible over-sight, or it's not hard coded at all.. (i hope not)..

it shouldn't be, that's i suspect the missing piece would be location / location services, to right what's wrong..
The location & location reporting services are turned on...
still not working

petch04
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
help....