Diefferences in google apps packages

OP CJCord

10th February 2014, 02:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33

257 posts
More
Moin

CM 11 M3 was just released and i want to (again) use CM. On my older phone (Ace aka. cooper aka. S5830) there wasnt much choice, but now i dont know which package to choose from. standard google packages, PA Gapps and their derivatives...

What are differences, their pros and cons? Or are they the same? And finally: which package to use for what purpose. (in my case in combination with CM11.)

maybe we can make this thread a sticky. their might be other ppl having he same problem.

Thanks in advance=)
10th February 2014, 04:15 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,804

4,968 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJCord

Moin

CM 11 M3 was just released and i want to (again) use CM. On my older phone (Ace aka. cooper aka. S5830) there wasnt much choice, but now i dont know which package to choose from. standard google packages, PA Gapps and their derivatives...

What are differences, their pros and cons? Or are they the same? And finally: which package to use for what purpose. (in my case in combination with CM11.)

maybe we can make this thread a sticky. their might be other ppl having he same problem.

Thanks in advance=)

To understand the differences between all these packages you need to read. I know that PA Team and Banks (at least) explain well what are their packages.
To sum up the differences are the size of included "bloatwares" and the last updates. Moreover some of them are inverted or multi-DPI.
With CM11 you simply need GApps called "4.4.2" or directly "CM11"
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread