Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] What is the difference between classic Li-Ion battery and Li-Po batteries?

OP MaCroX95

25th April 2014, 10:20 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 565

750 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akmsr

noob but related question. if i am not using it, is it ok to keep it connected to the charger so it stays topped up? or better for battery longevity to run it down to say 30% or so and recharge. i am specifically talking about nexus 5. thanks.
also as one poster advised not to have it connected to charger while it is in use.....
how about when tethering (drains 6% per hour) or downloading (drains 16% per hour), keep it connected or not.
thanks again.

Better for the lifespan of the battery if you do a recharge from 50%-20%. Keeping it in the charger when not in use will do constant micro-charges and eventually wear out the battery sooner. And regarding tethering - if the combination of tethering and charging heats the phone up, then I would again advice against it. Heat will also decay the battery and it will do it faster than charging cycles.
The Following User Says Thank You to akselic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2014, 03:29 PM   |  #22  
Flag OH
Thanks Meter: 31

155 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akselic

Better for the lifespan of the battery if you do a recharge from 50%-20%. Keeping it in the charger when not in use will do constant micro-charges and eventually wear out the battery sooner. And regarding tethering - if the combination of tethering and charging heats the phone up, then I would again advice against it. Heat will also decay the battery and it will do it faster than charging cycles.

battery university has shown how partial charges are much better than full charges... it prolongs battery life (cycles), reduces heat build up and reduces stress

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...ased_batteries

on your example, the device would spend more time on the charger to get it to a desired level... lets say 70-90%....which will be against the recomendations above
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chaco81 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2014, 05:28 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 565

750 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaco81

battery university has shown how partial charges are much better than full charges... it prolongs battery life (cycles), reduces heat build up and reduces stress

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...ased_batteries

on your example, the device would spend more time on the charger to get it to a desired level... lets say 70-90%....which will be against the recomendations above

Thanks for the link and I stand corrected. It's the first time I've read this
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread