Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Difference in US and Indian Charging adapter for Nexus 5

OP anshmiester78900

7th March 2014, 08:02 PM   |  #1  
anshmiester78900's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Noida
Thanks Meter: 431
 
2,849 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Guys I got my Nexus 5 from my relatives in US. I live in India and after one month of use my Nexus 5's motherboard got corrupted so i had send it back to US for the replacement. I want to ask you guys that is there any difference in voltage in charging adapter of the Nexus 5 form the US w.r.t India. As I'm expecting my phone back within few days and dont want to mess it up again.
8th March 2014, 04:29 AM   |  #2  
anshmiester78900's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Noida
Thanks Meter: 431
 
2,849 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Guys anyone ?
8th March 2014, 05:43 AM   |  #3  
vin4yak's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,442
 
4,229 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
I'm not into electronics so I can't really tell you for sure, but I've used an imported HTC One X previously and I used the charger which came with it all the time. Just bought a Rs.30 extension so that the pins could fit correctly.

But now that you've mentioned it, purchase a LG charger just to be safe.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vin4yak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2014, 08:21 AM   |  #4  
anshmiester78900's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Noida
Thanks Meter: 431
 
2,849 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak

I'm not into electronics so I can't really tell you for sure, but I've used an imported HTC One X previously and I used the charger which came with it all the time. Just bought a Rs.30 extension so that the pins could fit correctly.

But now that you've mentioned it, purchase a LG charger just to be safe.

Ohh alright . thanks
8th March 2014, 11:48 AM   |  #5  
BuT_TeR's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 45
 
439 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anshmiester78900

Guys I got my Nexus 5 from my relatives in US. I live in India and after one month of use my Nexus 5's motherboard got corrupted so i had send it back to US for the replacement. I want to ask you guys that is there any difference in voltage in charging adapter of the Nexus 5 form the US w.r.t India. As I'm expecting my phone back within few days and dont want to mess it up again.

It's same throughout the world.
And motherboard corruption is due to faulty hardware.
Your charger can only damage the battery or in some rare cases fry the interior, you can check this. If your touch screen is acting weird while charging it's buggy...
The Following User Says Thank You to BuT_TeR For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2014, 02:11 PM   |  #6  
anshmiester78900's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Noida
Thanks Meter: 431
 
2,849 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuT_TeR

It's same throughout the world.
And motherboard corruption is due to faulty hardware.
Your charger can only damage the battery or in some rare cases fry the interior, you can check this. If your touch screen is acting weird while charging it's buggy...

Alright thnx buddy
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes