Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,261 Members 37,894 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Difference between nightlies for Nexus 5 vs other non nexus..

Tip us?

whytechapel_x
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 163
Default Difference between nightlies for Nexus 5 vs other non nexus..

Just wondering what the difference for lets say a nightly for a galaxy s4 and a nexus 5 is. Nexus ones are more stable since they run on a native device or something like that right?

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 11,396
Developer groups like paranoid android, cyanogen or aokp have a single repository of their code which is then merged to each device's device tree - so all kitkat devices supported by cm have the same features.

Where as sure, its easier to get stable plain aosp with NO ADDITIONS on a nexus device, that in no way guarantees that the additions cm etc add will be stable. So in answer to your question, more directly, there's no difference.

That said, the device tree for the s4 may be problematic as samsung aren't particularly forthcoming with their code.

If you're choosing a phone based on a wish to use open sourced based roms, go for the nexus
-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

**Sticky Roll-up: All Guides snd Info Threads linked here**

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

whytechapel_x
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 163
Exactly what I was looking for thank you.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app