Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,019 Members 55,299 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Dirty Unicorns for Dummies

Tip us?

schleima
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Dirty Unicorns for Dummies

Can anyone suggest an appropriate forum for discussing the thousands of features available on Dirty Unicorns/Hammerhead?

I've been using DU for several months now, and love the speed and stability, but am baffled by the seemingly limitless customization options.

And lately, I've been unintentionally recording my screen, and there is no obvious way to stop the screen from recording. It's driving me nuts.

When did I become my grandfather?

Thanks for your help.

Primokorn
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,210

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by schleima View Post
Can anyone suggest an appropriate forum for discussing the thousands of features available on Dirty Unicorns/Hammerhead?
DU's thread (you need 10 posts though) or on their G+ community.
Nexus 5 | Ask any questionDark XDAGetting started on XDA

LGE Nexus 5 | TWRP Recovery | OptiPurity | Uber!!!

Quote:
Searching can take less time than waiting for an answer

Pain-N-Panic
Old
Thanks Meter 198
I love DU. I've been running it as my daily since I got the nexus. Best ROM hands down! Feel free to PM me if you have questions.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda premium

simms22
Old
(Last edited by simms22; 21st August 2014 at 12:10 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain-N-Panic View Post
Best ROM hands down!

so i guess that my personal needs and wants dont matter when it comes to a "best rom", as long aa it includes everything? i personally HATE overloaded roms, and overloaded roms are slower than other roms. so, i dont personally think that du is even close to a " best rom".

my whole point is that there is no such thing as a best rom. as everybody has differing needs and wants. there is only the rom thats best for you.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Pain-N-Panic
Old
Thanks Meter 198
Lol woah there cowboy. Its the best ROM hands down I'm my opinion! Of course your entitled to your own wants and needs out of a ROM. However, although DU stacked full of features, it is smoother than any stock based custom ROM that I have tried. That is my personal experience which leads me to my statement of DU being the best ROM out for this device. Didn't mean to step on any toes with my comment.

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain-N-Panic View Post
Lol woah there cowboy. Its the best ROM hands down I'm my opinion! Of course your entitled to your own wants and needs out of a ROM. However, although DU stacked full of features, it is smoother than any stock based custom ROM that I have tried. That is my personal experience which leads me to my statement of DU being the best ROM out for this device. Didn't mean to step on any toes with my comment.

just so you know, smooth has nothing to do with speed nor anything important. my nexus s is smooth. oh, and im glad you tried stock based roms, and gained knowledge of their smoothness. you should try other aosp based roms and cm based roms, maybe youll learn that there are other things out there, better things. but again, smoothness has nothing to do with speed nor anything really important. what slower means that they are slowed down, in speed and performance. and yes, numbers dont like. benchmark your phone while on different roms, you will see yourself.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!