5,596,568 Members 40,855 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Disable Roaming "R" icon in status bar.

Tip us?

premsurya
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Disable Roaming "R" icon in status bar.

I am using an MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator), so I have always had to activate "Data Roaming" in order to be able to establish a connection over the mobile data network.

Usually in my S3 which i was using before, I could see a sign next to the reception gauge which indicated me which mobile data standard my device was using at the moment (H+/E/G), even when I was roaming at these times.

Nowadays on my new Nexus 5 with stock Android 4.4 I am justing being shown the "R" sign next to the gauge, without any indicator for the standard it is using at the moment (LTE/H+/E/G).

Is there a way to disable the roaming indicator ? can anyone tell me or create a xposed module for the same if possible ?

thanks in advance. it is such a small issue but its annoying since i dont get full connection always and want to check whether i am getting 2g or 3g
Prem Nambi

booda3000
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Are u using Lycamobile?

aldredd
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Which country & network are you in?
My operator is a MVNO in the UK, but don't get the Roaming flag.
That said, when I was living in India if I travelled to a different state it would behave as you're saying - so wonder if it's more related to that than the fact it's an MVNO?

premsurya
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Yes am using Lycamobile and I live in Virginia, USA

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
Prem Nambi