FORUMS

[Q] Disable Roaming "R" icon in status bar.

58 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I am using an MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator), so I have always had to activate "Data Roaming" in order to be able to establish a connection over the mobile data network.

Usually in my S3 which i was using before, I could see a sign next to the reception gauge which indicated me which mobile data standard my device was using at the moment (H+/E/G), even when I was roaming at these times.

Nowadays on my new Nexus 5 with stock Android 4.4 I am justing being shown the "R" sign next to the gauge, without any indicator for the standard it is using at the moment (LTE/H+/E/G).

Is there a way to disable the roaming indicator ? can anyone tell me or create a xposed module for the same if possible ?

thanks in advance. it is such a small issue but its annoying since i dont get full connection always and want to check whether i am getting 2g or 3g

23rd January 2014, 03:17 PM |#2  
Flag Oklahoma
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Are u using Lycamobile?
23rd January 2014, 04:20 PM |#3  
Flag Milton Keynes, UK

More
Which country & network are you in?
My operator is a MVNO in the UK, but don't get the Roaming flag.
That said, when I was living in India if I travelled to a different state it would behave as you're saying - so wonder if it's more related to that than the fact it's an MVNO?
23rd January 2014, 04:42 PM |#4  
OP Member
Flag Richmond

Donate to Me
More
Yes am using Lycamobile and I live in Virginia, USA

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
24th April 2014, 10:41 AM |#5  
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by premsurya

I am using an MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator), so I have always had to activate "Data Roaming" in order to be able to establish a connection over the mobile data network.

Usually in my S3 which i was using before, I could see a sign next to the reception gauge which indicated me which mobile data standard my device was using at the moment (H+/E/G), even when I was roaming at these times.

Nowadays on my new Nexus 5 with stock Android 4.4 I am justing being shown the "R" sign next to the gauge, without any indicator for the standard it is using at the moment (LTE/H+/E/G).

Is there a way to disable the roaming indicator ? can anyone tell me or create a xposed module for the same if possible ?

thanks in advance. it is such a small issue but its annoying since i dont get full connection always and want to check whether i am getting 2g or 3g

Hi,
I have the same problem in Spain, also using a VMNO and on stock ROM I also get the R.
When I was using customer made roms (Cyanogenmod or AOSP based) this did not happen as in the settings menu there was an option of setting National Roaming.

I am using another different device than yours (Xperia V), but it is a common problem. If anyone knows a solution, perhaps with an Xposed Module, or whatever it would be very helpful

Thanks
17th November 2015, 10:13 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Same problem, I miss the data indicator while roaming
This app helped to solve my problem. It's a network monitor but it also indicates on which data network you're on.

It's called "2G 3G 4G LTE Network Monitor" available in Play Store
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)