FORUMS

Nexus & Cookies: A More Focused Direction?

It is that time of the year again, and we are approaching the day where Android fans all over … more

LG G4 US Carrier Release Dates

The LG G4 was announced on April 29th with its Snapdragon 808 SoC, a welcomed change from its higher-end … more

Microsoft Reaches Pre-Install Agreement With New OEMs

As of late, Microsoft has been making a subtle but widespread play into the … more

Discover XDA: Discover Greater

We’ve all been there at some point in our XDA lives; we used to spend hours browsing over the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Disabled Google plus? Photos get deleted!

14th April 2014, 03:20 AM |#1  
_jordan_'s Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 90
 
More
If I freeze Google plus, and press the back button from within the camera,l app, my photos get deleted.

Any way to fix this? Seems the stock camera is looking for the Google plus photos app, which deletes the photo since the app is disable.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
 
 
14th April 2014, 07:37 AM |#2  
gee2012's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,614
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _jordan_

If I freeze Google plus, and press the back button from within the camera,l app, my photos get deleted.

Any way to fix this? Seems the stock camera is looking for the Google plus photos app, which deletes the photo since the app is disable.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Don`t think so, foto`s is part of Google+.
Last edited by gee2012; 14th April 2014 at 07:53 AM.
14th April 2014, 08:34 AM |#3  
salonluden's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
There's no way to fix it - they're one and the same I tried doing the same a while ago. As of now I'm just hiding Google+ in my launcher... Photos is too awesome to get rid of
14th April 2014, 01:41 PM |#4  
_jordan_'s Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 90
 
More
Any way to remove the shortcut for photos from the stock camera app?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
14th April 2014, 02:17 PM |#5  
mistahseller's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Saint Louis
Thanks Meter: 203
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _jordan_

Any way to remove the shortcut for photos from the stock camera app?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Delete google + off the phone and it will go away. I deleted a bunch of Google Apps that I did not want. Hangouts,Google+, amongst others. PLus if anything I would rather download and install then have installed as system app.
14th April 2014, 04:26 PM |#6  
_jordan_'s Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 90
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistahseller

Delete google + off the phone and it will go away. I deleted a bunch of Google Apps that I did not want. Hangouts,Google+, amongst others. PLus if anything I would rather download and install then have installed as system app.

Thanks for the reply.

What I don't understand is how this has a different effect than disabling the app via settings.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
14th April 2014, 04:29 PM |#7  
mistahseller's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Saint Louis
Thanks Meter: 203
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _jordan_

Thanks for the reply.

What I don't understand is how this has a different effect than disabling the app via settings.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I suppose since it is a system app and still on the phone.
16th April 2014, 07:09 PM |#8  
_jordan_'s Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 90
 
More
OK the camera app update fixes this association between the camera and photos.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes