Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,356 Members 39,413 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Disabling Screenshot / Screen Capture Functionality on Nexus 5

Tip us?

huailing
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Disabling Screenshot / Screen Capture Functionality on Nexus 5

Hi,

Is there anyway to disable the functionality on the Nexus 5 where a screenshot capture is made everytime you press the power button and the volume down button?

Its driving me nuts as it happens about twice a day by accident because the natural way for me to hold the phone is exactly where those buttons are. In fact, I have changed the way I hold the phone somewhat - but its does not feel natural enough so the grip tends to drift back to the position that triggers both those buttons when I grip the phone too firmly.

------
Nexus 5, Rooted, Xposed, GravityBox, Nova Launcher

CdTDroiD
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,580

DONATE TO ME
I cant remember if its build.prop or in the system.ui maybe but theres a simple line that disables or enables it somewhere. Try Google to find which file.

Current Device: Nexus 5
Developed for: HTC Desire, HTC Desire HD, HTC Sensation, HTC One, Galaxy Note 1, 2 & 3, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 5 (Coming)

bblzd
Old
Thanks Meter 294
Using a case? It's pretty hard to depress both buttons accidentally, some cases do make the buttons extra sensitive though.

I can rest the weight of the phone in landscape mode on my finger over the volume button and it will not be pressed.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
W32