Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Disappearing storage memory after CWM

OP mtodak

5th June 2014, 05:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

37 posts
ROM 4.4.3

Just updated via OTA, rerooted and wanted to do full backup via TWRP which was gone (boot to stock recovery) despite showing installed in rom manager.

So i installed CWM recovery via rom manager and started backup (3,5gb storage free) - backup was stopped due to low storage so I rebooted.

No backup files at all but all 3,5gb is gone.

I removed other files to have another 2gb free and repeated procedure - same result, no backup files, storage 600kb.

none of the software shows where is all missing memory: sd maid, clean master, duplicate files, storage analyser.

What the hell hapened here?!

Please help - but not by saying do hard/factory reset as i need full backup first.

Is there any option to do full rom backup straight to the cloud (dropbox, goolge drive, box, onedrive)?
5th June 2014, 06:05 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 22,787

27,346 posts
first off, stop using rom manager! its been messed up for nearly 2 years. to flash a recovery you should do it via fastboot. if not fastboot, try the app flashify. but surely, remove rom manager from your phone asap.
5th June 2014, 06:06 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

37 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

first off, stop using rom manager! its been messed up for nearly 2 years. to flash a recovery you should do it via fastboot. if not fastboot, try the app flashify. but surely, remove rom manager from your phone asap.

can do that once get back missing storage but that does not solve my present huge problem.
5th June 2014, 06:10 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 22,787

27,346 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtodak

can do that once get back missing storage but that does not solve my present huge problem.

did you delete whatever the recovery left for the backup? seems like thats what will be taking the space. i dont know where cwm places the files(i use twrp) but you should look for it and delete it.
5th June 2014, 06:14 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

37 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

did you delete whatever the recovery left for the backup? seems like thats what will be taking the space. i dont know where cwm places the files(i use twrp) but you should look for it and delete it.

none of the software shows where is all missing memory: sd maid, clean master, duplicate files, storage analyser.

There is nothing more to delete, i have over 7gb missing, like non-existent
5th June 2014, 06:14 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,288

3,197 posts
More
Go to Settings > Storage. It shows you everything in there.
5th June 2014, 06:18 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

37 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowinder

Go to Settings > Storage. It shows you everything in there.

first thing i have done...man, i will paste it again:

There is nothing more to delete, i have over 7gb missing, like non-existent
Last edited by mtodak; 5th June 2014 at 06:21 PM.
5th June 2014, 06:24 PM   |  #8  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 13,798

24,973 posts
More
The answer is in this thread

[info] Storage: Nexus 5 Data (info / loss / recovery / prevention)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2534010

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
5th June 2014, 08:01 PM   |  #9  
OP Member

37 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

The answer is in this thread

[info] Storage: Nexus 5 Data (info / loss / recovery / prevention)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2534010

"Storage menu doesn't show where all my data is

Please note, rooted users with clockworkmod recovery will find that their backups to not go to /data/media/0/clockworkmod as it is supposed to. The reason for this is CWM has not been updated to this location, instead it uses the legacy location of /data/media/clockworkmod. The Storage menu can see that the space is used but it cannot include it in it's breakdown. Please check this location. You'll need to move it to 0 if you want to access it on a computer

A handy app is "Disk Usage" on Play. It can help identify exactly where this data is...."

If you mean that than thats not the answer as no software (also disk usage) can see my lost 7gb of disk space.
5th June 2014, 08:07 PM   |  #10  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 13,798

24,973 posts
More
So what happens when you use a file manager with root access to browse /data/media?

Please screenshot both /data/media and disk usage

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
backup, cloud, memory, storage
Previous Thread Next Thread