T-Mobile Expands Its LTE Network

T-Mobile US has announced moreLTE network expansion. The carrierwill provide asignal for the700 MHz band, … more

Kernel Source Available for HTC One M8

HTC pushed the Lollipop-based Sense update to the developer edition of the HTC One M8 just a couple … more

Asus Hints at Upcoming Week-long Battery Smartwatch

Asus hinted that their next smartwatch, succesor to the elegant ZenWatch, could feature … more

Note 4 Full Caller ID Mod

Flash this mod to get a clean full-screen caller ID on your Note 4, which also comes with a Call Recording button … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] dissapointing battery life on Paranoid Android Beta 5

OP catsargent

16th February 2014, 07:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
42 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
I have kept the screen brightness at the lowest of the low, only turned on data when needed, and still my battery can't have more than 2:50 of screen on time before the battery dies (1%). I am assuming stock rom is most likely the best for battery life, but I require some custom features that only non-stock roms have. So what I am asking is, what else can I do to improve the battery, or what other roms have good battery life for Nexus 5

Thanks
16th February 2014, 07:44 PM   |  #2  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 14,566
 
25,981 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Use better battery stats to identify wakelocks / wake ups etc

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
16th February 2014, 07:46 PM   |  #3  
wideasleep1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 520
 
1,540 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsargent

I have kept the screen brightness at the lowest of the low, only turned on data when needed, and still my battery can't have more than 2:50 of screen on time before the battery dies (1%). I am assuming stock rom is most likely the best for battery life, but I require some custom features that only non-stock roms have. So what I am asking is, what else can I do to improve the battery, or what other roms have good battery life for Nexus 5

Thanks

You also need to examine wakelocks and hungry apps...d/l and use a wakelock detector and try to forego the top 5 apps that waste the most. (eg. Facebook?)

Damn..beaten by rootSU again!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Last edited by wideasleep1; 16th February 2014 at 07:49 PM.
16th February 2014, 07:47 PM   |  #4  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 23,154
 
27,933 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
roms dont really have anything to do with battery life. kernels do somewhat, but to a point. battery life is mostly affected by how you personally set up your phone, what apps you chose to install, how you personally use your phone, and mainly the quality of your phone/data signal. remember, as many phone users as there are, as many different ways that people use their phones.
16th February 2014, 07:51 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
42 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by wideasleep1

You also need to examine wakelocks and hungry apps...d/l and use a wakelock detector and try to forego the top 5 apps that waste the most. (eg. Facebook?).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Ok. I have tried similar by disabling keep awake in app ops. Is that the same thing? I have used wakelock detector. THis is what I have:
16th February 2014, 08:02 PM   |  #6  
wideasleep1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 520
 
1,540 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsargent

Ok. I have tried similar by disabling keep awake in app ops. Is that the same thing? I have used wakelock detector. THis is what I have:

Strange how I guessed your culprit, huh?
16th February 2014, 08:11 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
42 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by wideasleep1

Strange how I guessed your culprit, huh?

ya that is kinda strange I'd have to say
16th February 2014, 08:14 PM   |  #8  
wideasleep1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 520
 
1,540 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsargent

ya that is kinda strange I'd have to say

I can assure you your battery is not all that is being sucked by Facebook.
16th February 2014, 08:18 PM   |  #9  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
42 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by wideasleep1

I can assure you your battery is not all that is being sucked by Facebook.

Ok. i think I'm going to experiment for the next little while and see what i can do

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes