Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,686 Members 37,069 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] dissapointing battery life on Paranoid Android Beta 5

Tip us?

catsargent
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] dissapointing battery life on Paranoid Android Beta 5

I have kept the screen brightness at the lowest of the low, only turned on data when needed, and still my battery can't have more than 2:50 of screen on time before the battery dies (1%). I am assuming stock rom is most likely the best for battery life, but I require some custom features that only non-stock roms have. So what I am asking is, what else can I do to improve the battery, or what other roms have good battery life for Nexus 5

Thanks

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10,771
Use better battery stats to identify wakelocks / wake ups etc

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

wideasleep1
Old
(Last edited by wideasleep1; 16th February 2014 at 06:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsargent View Post
I have kept the screen brightness at the lowest of the low, only turned on data when needed, and still my battery can't have more than 2:50 of screen on time before the battery dies (1%). I am assuming stock rom is most likely the best for battery life, but I require some custom features that only non-stock roms have. So what I am asking is, what else can I do to improve the battery, or what other roms have good battery life for Nexus 5

Thanks
You also need to examine wakelocks and hungry apps...d/l and use a wakelock detector and try to forego the top 5 apps that waste the most. (eg. Facebook?)

Damn..beaten by rootSU again!

B/W Sidekick/Color Sidekick2/TMO MDA/TMO Dash/G1/Nexus 1/Sensation/SGS3/Nexus 4/Nexus 5/LG G3
Rockin Android before it was Cool!

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21,184
roms dont really have anything to do with battery life. kernels do somewhat, but to a point. battery life is mostly affected by how you personally set up your phone, what apps you chose to install, how you personally use your phone, and mainly the quality of your phone/data signal. remember, as many phone users as there are, as many different ways that people use their phones.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!

catsargent
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by wideasleep1 View Post
You also need to examine wakelocks and hungry apps...d/l and use a wakelock detector and try to forego the top 5 apps that waste the most. (eg. Facebook?).

Ok. I have tried similar by disabling keep awake in app ops. Is that the same thing? I have used wakelock detector. THis is what I have:

wideasleep1
Old
Thanks Meter 420
Quote:
Ok. I have tried similar by disabling keep awake in app ops. Is that the same thing? I have used wakelock detector. THis is what I have:
Strange how I guessed your culprit, huh?
B/W Sidekick/Color Sidekick2/TMO MDA/TMO Dash/G1/Nexus 1/Sensation/SGS3/Nexus 4/Nexus 5/LG G3

catsargent
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Strange how I guessed your culprit, huh?
ya that is kinda strange I'd have to say

wideasleep1
Old
Thanks Meter 420
Quote:
ya that is kinda strange I'd have to say
I can assure you your battery is not all that is being sucked by Facebook.

catsargent
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I can assure you your battery is not all that is being sucked by Facebook.
Ok. i think I'm going to experiment for the next little while and see what i can do