[Q] Distorted audio when recording video in loud enviroment

OP Jacktheskipper

19th March 2014, 10:20 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24

129 posts
Like the title might indicate I'm searching for a solution to the described problem.
Sometimes I like to take videos at shows and since switching to the new Nexus 5 the videos are basically useless since the audio is distorted as hell. I came from the i9000 and in CM / Voodoo Sound there was an option for recording audio in loud enviroment. Is there something similar for the Nexus 5, any Kernel solutions etc.? Any help is appreciated!
19th March 2014, 02:37 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 645

2,221 posts
there's no fix afaik
19th March 2014, 02:48 PM   |  #3  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 12,189

23,210 posts
More
Problem is noise cancellation. Google have acknowledged the problem and are working on a fix, but it hasn't been released yet.

As a work around, you can try covering the noise cancellation microphone. You may have some success temporarily.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2014, 04:03 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24

129 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

Problem is noise cancellation. Google have acknowledged the problem and are working on a fix, but it hasn't been released yet.

As a work around, you can try covering the noise cancellation microphone. You may have some success temporarily.

Thanks a lot for filling me in ... really haven't been up to date with the facts in a while ... really hope they can make it work. Audio performance on hte i9000 is still top notch.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread